Retail Times news updates “Daily retail news, consumer research, analysis & reports. Read about technology, innovation, payments, products and people. Retail opinion & industry insight”. Visit Retail Times website here or see the feed summary below.
- How open banking is helping the gaming industryThe gaming industry has seen incredible growth, especially throughout the pandemic with people being forced to stay indoors and resort to online gambling. Sports betting is particularly dominant in the UK, with football betting making up approximately 48.4% of the overall market. Read more »
- Shoe Zone to open new concept store in Shrewsbury this JulyFootwear retailer Shoe Zone is opening a new store in Shrewsbury on 8th July 2022. The Shropshire branch will be located at The Darwin Shopping Centre, Shrewsbury, SY1 1PL. Read more »
- Local shops helping communities manage cost of living crisisNew research from the Association of Convenience Stores has shown how consumers feel about their local shops and how important they see them in helping manage their money. Read more »
- Morrisons set to lose market share in 2022 as sales slump amid stronger competition, says GlobalDataFollowing the release of Morrisons’ figures for Q2, FY2021/22; Amira Freyer-Elgendy, consumer analyst at GlobalData, a leading data and analytics company, offers her view: “An underwhelming set of results from the grocer and its delay in pushing value for shoppers makes Morrisons vulnerable to losing market share this year. Although… Read more »
- The future is yellow – new packaging for YAZOO KiDS as part of Minions partnershipYAZOO KiDS, the no added sugar flavoured milk from FrieslandCampina, is extending its popular Minions partnership this summer ahead of a new carton packaging launch later this year. Read more »
- ‘Cost-of-living crisis’ triggers fresh changes in consumer payment habits, according to Paysafe researchAs inflation rates rise across the globe, the resulting ‘cost-of-living crisis’ is forcing changes in consumer payment habits – with a particular focus on methods that help track spending. That’s according to new research* commissioned by leading specialised payments platform, Paysafe (NYSE: PSFE), surveying 11,000 consumers across Europe, North America… Read more »
- Interest in online fast fashion plummets as shoppers look for second-hand alternatives and return to the high street, analysis showsNew data has revealed that UK shoppers are turning away from well-known online fast fashion brands, long criticised for their lack of sustainability, in favour of independent brands and second-hand retailers. Read more »
- Online improvements necessary to bolster Boots’ value for money proposition, says GlobalDataFollowing today’s release of Boots’ figures for Q3 2021/22; Juliet Cuell, retail analyst at GlobalData, a leading data and analytics company, offers her view: “Despite rising inflation resulting in consumers cutting back spend in recent months, Boots has been somewhat protected due to the essential nature of its offer, including… Read more »
- Heinz and Tesco pricing row heightens food inflation fears as 76% of UK consumers are concerned about impact of inflation on household budgets, says GlobalDataFollowing the news that Kraft Heinz has stopped supplying products to Tesco in the UK; Nidhi Chauhan, senior consumer analyst at GlobalData, a leading data and analytics company, offers her view: “Kraft Heinz has stopped supplying products to Tesco in a disagreement over pricing, as a rise in energy and… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest news from Retail Times find out how to keep this page updated.