Definithing news updates “Definithing”. Visit Definithing website here or see the feed summary below.
- PerformativePeople who more concerned with self-promotion, social media “likes”, or selling books & lectures; than they are about Actual Deliverables. People thought Tina cared about labor issues, considering how much she Tweeted about it, but it was all performative wokeness – she had no problems crossing picket-lines if the business offered a sale. Read more »
- BubbleTo simply invest money with the purpose to make a profit. Bubble is to make something more than what it is. When you blow bubbles they multiply. I’f you say I’m blowin bubbles, this means to re-invest profit to make more money. If you say I’m tryna bubble, it means to make a profitable investment.… Read more »
- Long haulerA pandemic victim for which the negative impacts to their health and related symptoms persist for months or years after being infected with the virus. A long-hauler with prolonged suffering from Covid-19 seems to go unnoticed by many in part because they are bed ridden and in social isolation. Read more »
- Cancel cultureA modern internet phenomenon where a person is ejected from influence or fame by questionable actions. It is caused by a critical mass of people who are quick to judge and slow to question. It is commonly caused by an accusation, whether that accusation has merit or not. It is a direct result… Read more »
- BIPOCA term used by some people to refer to people of color. Despite what some other troll said, this is not a term used to intentionally exclude Asian people. It is not supposed to be a catch-all term for every group of people on earth. “BIPOC want to be treated the same regardless of their race”… Read more »
- Unconscious biasDefinition: unconscious prejudice against people of a certain race, gender, or group “Unconscious bias” is a negative term, which was added to the Oxford English Dictionary last year. Everyone has unconscious beliefs about other groups, and these beliefs can cause them to discriminate against others. There is also conscious bias. When people are consciously biased,… Read more »
- QuarenteenDefinition: a teenager during the COVID-19 pandemic Do you know a “quarenteen?” It’s another word that’s been observed by Cambridge Dictionary – but hasn’t been added quite yet. If it is added, quarenteen will be a homophone for the word “quarantine.” It’ll also be a compound noun of “quarantine” and “teenager.” How to use it: My sister is… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest news from
Definithing find out how to keep this page updated.