T Vine news updates “News, culture and lifestyle for British Turks and those interested in the world of Turks.”. Visit T Vine website here or see the feed summary below.
- Draw for EURO 2024 finals: Turkiye’s Group F rivals, games and locationsThe UEFA EURO 2024 finals draw took place at the Elbphilharmonie in Hamburg, Germany, yesterday evening, determining in which of the six final tournament groups each of the 24 qualifying teams will play. Türkiye, which entered the draw having topped its qualifying group – a first in its history of… Read more »
- Feryal Clark MP to host exiled journalist Can Dündar talk on ‘Türkiye and democracy’ in UK ParliamentBritish think tank CEFTUS, or the Centre for Turkey Studies to give the organisation its full name, has given a platform to a range of politicians, journalists and analysts casting a critical eye over the affairs of Turkiye. In December, the group will be staging an event with renowned journalist,… Read more »
- Lawyer gets battered by prosecutor’s driver and bodyguard after telling them off for driving the wrong way down 1-way streetA complaint has been filed by a Turkish lawyer, Bülent Akbay, against the bodyguard and driver of the İskenderun Chief Public Prosecutor Muhammet Emin Ünalan after the pair brutally him. The incident started outside İskenderun Courthouse in Hatay Province, southern Turkiye. According to a news report in Birgün newspaper, Mr… Read more »
- Enjoy a classic Fasıl night in Stoke Newington with Djanan Turan and oud virtuoso Baha YetkinAs the winter weather bites, what could be more fun than a cosy night out at a top Turkish restaurant in North London making new friends as you listen to renowned singer-songwriter Djanan Turan and master musician Baha Yetkin perform a rich selection of sing-along-classics in Turkish? This special night… Read more »
- Gang members face long sentences after being found guilty of killing Koray AlperginAfter two weeks of deliberations, a jury at the Old Bailey have found two men guilty of killing Mehmet Koray Alpergin. The popular Turkish radio DJ and his girlfriend Gözde Dalbudak were kidnapped outside Mr Alpergin’s Enfield home after a night out in central London last October, the court had… Read more »
- Photojournalism from around the world: see the winners of Istanbul Photo Awards 2023 in London exhibitionNow in its nineth year, the Anadolu Agency’s Istanbul Photo Awards is an annual celebration of international photographers whose incredible images capture vivid and often hard-hitting stories about global people and events. This year’s winning images are being toured around the world with London the next stop. The Yunus Emre… Read more »
- MUSIAD UK President Murat Bingöl joins Judging Panel for Islam Channel Business Awards 2024The head of the UK’s Turkish Muslim business association MUSIAD, Murat Bingöl, is on the Judging Panel for “the UK’s largest awards celebrating the best of British Muslim Businesses”. Now in its third year, Islam Channel Business Awards 2024 recognise the achievements from Britain’s leading Muslim entrepreneurs in 21 different… Read more »
- The six most scenic spots to visit in TurkiyeHow happy is the one who says, “I am a Turk”? Very happy indeed. Turkiye is a beautiful country that offers a captivating blend of natural wonder and cultural treasures — including the land border where Europe becomes Asia and vice versa. This top destination is perfect for travellers seeking… Read more »
- London and Manchester to host unmissable “Spirit of Istanbul” concertThe streets of Istanbul have a storied past. The city’s history echoes through the ancient alleys and modern avenues alike, rising from the bustle of its bazaars, the prayers of its religious houses, and the lapping of the Bosphorus. This rich tapestry of sound has been woven into its musical… Read more »
- NATO allies Türkiye and UK sign new defence and security pactTürkiye and the United Kingdom have continued to extend their co-operation on defence and security issues by signing a Statement of Intent. The new agreement, signed in Ankara by British Defence Secretary, Grant Shapps, and Yaşar Güler, the Minister of National Defence for Turkiye, on Thursday, 23 November, follows increased… Read more »
is updated with the latest news from T Vine find out how to keep this page updated.