Bigissue news updates “The Change is in your pocket”. Visit Bigissue website here or see the feed summary below.
- 5 minutes with Batsi JorofaniI paint to reflect the beauty I see and feelings I experience. Most of my art I paint from imagination and memories. I enjoy experimenting with the play of light in a painting and the use of warm, cool and hot colours of the paint helps me express my interpretation… Read more »
- Last meal MacabreIf you were to choose one final meal, what would it be? Would you pick a classic steak and baked potato or try something you’ve never tasted? In A Year of Killing, world renowned photographer, Henry Hargreaves, explores how food connects us all and what our choices of food say… Read more »
- Soup SavioursHundreds of people are fed twice weekly at Mavuso Gqola’s soup kitchen in Mfuleni, Cape Town. People of all ages come from Mfuleni and surrounding townships to queue, sometimes for hours. For some, it is their only meal of the day. The provincial Department of Social Development says this is… Read more »
- BIG ISSUE scam crime report backAll necessary investigations have been conducted by key role players in the cyber scam: Standard Bank (our bank), First National Bank (scammer’s account), anti-cybercrime forensic specialists Wolfpack Information Risk, SAPS, our auditor and our insurer. To prevent a repeat of this crime, we have installed new software on all work… Read more »
- The Big Issue Supporting InternsIt has been an absolute pleasure working with Xolisile Mavela, a Public Relations student from Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT), as our intern at The Big Issue. Xolisile’s willingness to learn and an eager approach are qualities that will take her far in her career. The post The Big… Read more »
- Buffing up on gibbon conservationThe South African National Biodiversity Institute’s National Zoological Garden (SANBI NZG) is excited to introduce Sylvester, a male buff-cheeked gibbon, which recently arrived from La Teste-de-Buch zoo in France. The post Buffing up on gibbon conservation appeared first on The Big Issue South Africa. Read more »
- A charitable moveEmployees in a payroll department have pooled their hard-earned cash to support the Pretoria-based non-profit organisation (NPO) Project House of Hope, which provides shelter and care to vulnerable individuals, children and abandoned, abused and neglected babies. The post A charitable move appeared first on The Big Issue South Africa. Read more »
- An Urgent AppealThe Big Issue has been dealt a blow after an email scam where cybercriminals have stolen limited funds. This specific type of fraud is known as a ‘hacker scam’. We are appealing to the public for assistance where possible … The post An Urgent Appeal appeared first on The Big… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest news
from Bigissue find out how to keep this page updated.