Stuff news updates “Tech and Gadgets. Demystified”. Visit Stuff website here or see the feed summary below.
- Gaia mission: five insights astronomers could glean from its latest dataThe European Space Agency’s (Esa) Gaia mission has just released new data. The Gaia satellite was launched in 2013, with the aim of measuring the precise positions of a billion stars. In addition to measuring the stars’ positions, speeds and brightness, the satellite has collected data on a huge range of other… Read more »
- Levelling up: why Netflix and TikTok are turning to gaming to secure their futureThe streaming wars are heating up. In March, Disney delayed the release date of Obi-Wan Kenobi to May 27 to coincide with the launch of Netflix’s top show, Stranger Things. This on the back of Google’s announcement YouTube Shorts had matched TikTok’s 1.5 billion subscribers in the short-form video market. Facing increased competition, falling subscriber numbers and loss of… Read more »
- Sonos Ray review – See you on the other side, RayIf you’re not aware that Sonos makes some pretty good audio gear, what possessed you to start reading this review? If, on the other hand, you’re a little curious about how the new Sonos Ray compact soundbar performs, you’ve come to the right place. The Sonos Ray is the Sonos… Read more »
- Bneta IoT Smart Wifi Plug review – Smartify your homeStuff says – 4/5 Are you looking to bring a bit of smarts to your home? This IoT WiFi plug from Bneta does just that, to some extent. Don’t expect anything too fancy, this is just a plug. It’s not going to brew your coffee or walk your dog.… Read more »
- The global Girl Gamer Esports Festival is coming to Cape Town this weekendIt’s nearing that time of the year again. The Girl Gamer Esports Festival is nearly upon us. This year the global tournament will be taking place in our very own backyard of Cape Town. The event has been running since 2017, and is showing no signs of slowing down. As… Read more »
- Binance lands Man United’s Ronaldo as a partner for upcoming NFTsBinance – one of the world’s largest platforms for cryptocurrency trading — announced it would be partnering with Manchester United’s own Cristiano Ronaldo. The deal focuses on the Portuguese star promoting NFTs (non-fungible tokens) for the platform. The deal – which is apparently a multi-year situation — will involve a… Read more »
- Netflix edges closer to that cheaper ad-supported tier, is in talks with potential marketing partnersIt’s been a few months since Netflix’s subscriber count did an about-turn, right into the dumpster. The streaming giant reported a loss of 200,000 subscribers in the first quarter of 2022. Since then, the company has been flinging a few ideas around to see what sticks. For one, it’s taken… Read more »
- Instagram is testing AI face scanning for age verification on the platformInstagram is testing new ways for (especially) youngsters to verify their age on the social media platform. The change will “[allow] us to provide age-appropriate experiences” said Instagram in a blog post. It partly involves artificial intelligence (AI), and also a few trust exercises. Of a sort. The AI scan… Read more »
- Suzuki and Toyota teaming up to build a new hybrid vehicle for Africa (and other places)Suzuki and Toyota have a new hybrid vehicle destined for Africa shortly, as well as other locations around the world. The two Japanese automakers have confirmed that production will soon start on a new hybrid SUV. The vehicle will be made at one of Toyota’s plants in India, based on… Read more »
- Illegal strikes at Eskom help push load shedding to Stage 4UPDATE: Well, that was quick. Load shedding Stage 4 kicks in from 11 AM this morning. It’ll continue until midnight this evening. Saturday and Sunday will see Stage 4 continue from 5 AM to midnight. Officially, Eskom is attempting to save fuel reserves in case of emergencies. But the strike… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest news
from Stuff find out how to keep this page updated.