Stuff news updates “Tech and Gadgets. Demystified”. Visit Stuff website here or see the feed summary below.
- Was going to space a good idea?In 1963, six years after the first satellite was launched, editors from the Encyclopaedia Britannica posed a question to five eminent thinkers of the day: “Has man’s conquest of space increased or diminished his stature?” The respondents were philosopher Hannah Arendt, writer Aldous Huxley, theologian Paul Tillich, nuclear scientist Harrison Brown and historian Herbert J. Muller.… Read more »
- UFOs: how astronomers are searching the sky for alien probes near EarthThere has been increased interest in unidentified flying objects (UFOs) ever since the Pentagon’s 2021 report revealed what appears to be anomalous objects in US airspace, dubbed unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP). Fast forward to 2023, and Nasa has already formed a panel to investigate the reports and appointed a director for UAP research. A newly founded… Read more »
- Education should look to the way artists are embracing AI, instead of turning its back on the technologyArtificial intelligence (AI) has the potential to make a major impact on many sectors of society over the coming decades. Some of these effects may be positive, others less so. When ChatGPT was released, education, a profession that prides itself on integrity and high ethical standards, was rocked by the prospect that AI could… Read more »
- Disinformation is rampant on social media – a social psychologist explains the tactics used against youInformation warfare abounds, and everyone online has been drafted whether they know it or not. Disinformation is deliberately generated misleading content disseminated for selfish or malicious purposes. Unlike misinformation, which may be shared unwittingly or with good intentions, disinformation aims to foment distrust, destabilize institutions, discredit good intentions, defame opponents and delegitimize sources… Read more »
- Apple gets 36% cut of Google’s search dealGoogle pays Apple a whopping 36% of the advertising revenue it generates from its deal as the exclusive search engine for Safari. This gobsmacking revelation was made last month in the US government’s anti-monopoly court case against Google – which both Apple and Google have tried to keep from going… Read more »
- The All Star Gaming Festival: A gamer’s December dreamThe December season is heating up, and with it comes an epic sale for gamers from the trusted tech retailer Incredible, which proudly presents the “All Star Gaming Festival”. This epic gaming and tech event promises exclusive deals from some of the biggest brands in the industry, running from 7… Read more »
- Fujifilm’s GFX100 II flagship changes the large format photography gamePhotographers looking for a step up in image quality need look no further than the latest in Fujifilm’s large format GFX range – the Fujifilm GFX100 II. This new flagship promises not only outstanding image quality thanks to its 102MP sensor, but also improved shooting speed, auto-focus (AF) performance, and… Read more »
- Stuff’s Festive Gift Guide: For your heroic high-tech homiesIt’s that time of the year again. Mariah Carey is fully defrosted, Stuff’s Festive Gift Guides are beginning to go up and those pesky little beetles are officially back. Oddly enough, so are the real Beatles and they’re making us… feel things. But enough about that. We’ve got a job to do.… Read more »
- The best new games announced at The Game Awards 2023Gamers worldwide recently witnessed the culmination of The Game Awards 2023 (if you were in the appropriate time zone, that is). Traditionally, it plays host to new game announcements and reveals along with the accolades. Before we get into it, congratulations are in order. Baldur’s Gate 3 dominated The Game… Read more »
- Light Start: GeForce Now a go, Google Gemini is actually slow, X streaming goes pro, and YouTube comments won’t growGeForce Now is available… now Nvidia’s GeForce Now — the cloud gaming service that’s been waiting in South Africa’s wings since November of last year — is finally making good on its word and has officially launched locally through a partnership with rain. It’s spent the past few months undergoing… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest news
from Stuff find out how to keep this page updated.