Sahpra news updates “South African Health Products Regulatory Authority”. Visit Sahpra website here or see the feed summary below.
- SAHPRA registers the COVID-19 vaccine, CoronavacEmbargo: Immediate release Pretoria, 24 June 2022 – The South African Health Products and Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA) registered the COVID-19 vaccine, Coronavac, on 14 June 2022, with conditions. The registration was done in terms of Section 15(6a) of the Medicines and Related Substance Act 101... The post SAHPRA registers the… Read more »
- SAHPRA Announces Approval of Breakthrough Treatments for Children with HIVEmbargo: Immediate release Pretoria, 23 June 2022 – SAHPRA has registered a new “sweet-tasting” combination antiretroviral treatment for infants and young children with HIV. This treatment comes in granules that can be sprinkled on soft food or dissolved in milk or water. Furthermore, this treatment... The post SAHPRA Announces Approval… Read more »
- Learn more about monkeypox as we record first confirmed case in SA23 June 2022 South Africa has recorded its first case of monkeypox today, 23 June 2022. The Minister of Health Dr. Joe Phaahla explained that he received a report from the National Health Laboratory Services’ CEO that they have confirmed through laboratory tests the first... The post Learn more about… Read more »
- SAHPRA’s use of the Med Safety app in the spotlight23 June 2022 The South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA) has been making strides in the use of the Med Safety App that reports on the Adverse Events Following Immunisation (AEFIs) and this is being noticed within the continent. SAHPRA has been working in... The post SAHPRA’s use of… Read more »
- The Dynamics of Assuming a New CEO or Leadership Role under Global Lockdown Restrictions17 June 2022 CEO Perspectives and Horizons as Covid-19 takes a grip The SAHPRA CEO, Dr Boitumelo Semete-Makokotlela shares her journey since she assumed the position of CEO. She unpacks how she had to face a “sink or swim” situation as the COVID-19 pandemic gripped... The post The Dynamics of… Read more »
- SAHPRA registers a vaccine and provides emergency use authorisation of health products in the fight against COVID-1907 June 2022 Embargo: Immediate release1. The COVID-19 vaccine LHC has been registered with conditions on 24 May 2022.The registration of the COVID-19 vaccine LHC was done in terms of Section 15(6a) of the Medicines and Related Substance Act 101 of 1965. This COVID-19 vaccine... The post SAHPRA registers a… Read more »
- SAHPRA statement on the termination of the “Ivermectin Controlled Compassionate Use Access Programme”30 May 2022 Embargo: Immediate release Pretoria, 30 May 2022 – The use of Ivermectin for the treatment and prevention of COVID-19 received a lot of public interest in 2020. Early evidence, mostly from studies with a small number of patients and conducted with varying... The post SAHPRA statement on… Read more »
- Update: SAHPRA Statement on the ANHP Judgement27 May 2022 Embargo: Immediate release On 7 May 2022, the South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA) published a statement indicating that it would join the Minister of Health in approaching the Constitutional Court for leave to appeal the Supreme Court of Appeal (SCA)... The post Update: SAHPRA Statement… Read more »
- Regulatory experts from African countries visit the Paul-Ehrlich-Institut to discuss future cooperation with vaccine experts17 May 2022 At a four-day meeting at the Paul-Ehrlich-Institut, representatives of the regulatory authorities in Ghana (Food and Drugs Authority, FDA), Rwanda (Food and Drugs Authority, FDA), South Africa (South African Health Products Regulatory Authority, SAHPRA) and Senegal (Agence sénégalaise de Réglementation Pharmaceutique, ARP) discussed future cooperation with... The post Regulatory experts from… Read more »
- Safety of the COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen – response to restrictions imposed in the United States12 May 2022 Embargo: Immediate release In both the United States and South Africa, the COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen has been approved as a single primary vaccination dose, a single booster dose at least two months after the primary vaccination dose, and as a heterologous booster... The post Safety of the… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest news
from Sahpra find out how to keep this page updated.