Sahpra news updates “South African Health Products Regulatory Authority”. Visit Sahpra website here or see the feed summary below.
- OpEd – Leveraging South Africa’s maturity level 3 to strengthen regulatory systems in the Africa region: What is next?The establishment of the African Medicines Agency (AMA) will significantly contribute to the improvement of healthcare delivery across the continent and better overall health of African citizens. Africa continues to be a growing continent in many aspects. It is expected that the population of young... The post OpEd – Leveraging… Read more »
- SAHPRA currently conducting a Stakeholder Satisfaction SurveyPretoria, 06 December 2023 – The South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA) is currently conducting a Stakeholder Satisfaction Survey through an independent market research agency, MarkData (Pty) Ltd. SAHPRA has commissioned MarkData to conduct these surveys to better understand its effectiveness in implementing its... The post SAHPRA currently conducting… Read more »
- SAHPRA office closure during festive seasonSAHPRA offices will be closed for the festive season from 12:00 on Friday, 22 December 2023 and will re-open on Tuesday, 02 January 2024. Submissions to SAHPRA New Medicine, Variation, License, Renewal Applications Applications/submissions must reach SAHPRA by 14 December 2023 at 13:00 to allow... The post SAHPRA office closure… Read more »
- SAHPRA encourages reporting side effects this MedSafetyWeekPretoria, 06 November 2023 – The South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA) is urging patients, doctors, nurses, or pharmacists to play their part in reporting side effects using the MedSafety app. Reporting side effects is key to helping make medicines safer for the population... The post SAHPRA encourages reporting… Read more »
- Launching SAHPRA’s Chatbot – meet Reggie!The South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA) has launched its very own chatbot, Reggie. Reggie is here to help you find information on the website more easily. How do you use the chatbot?Simply type in a keyword or ask Reggie a question. He is... The post Launching SAHPRA’s Chatbot… Read more »
- Update on COVID-19 vaccinesPretoria, 26 October 2023 – The South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA) currently has four (4) COVID-19 vaccines which are under review, the COMIRNATY Bivalent paediatric and adult vaccines, mRNA (COMIRNATY Bivalent Infant DTU vaccine), and non-mRNA vaccine Coviccine. SAHPRA has so far registered... The post Update on COVID-19… Read more »
- SAHPRA aware of Illicit bulk sales of codeine-containing mixtures exposed by Carte BlanchePretoria, 10 October 2023 –The South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA) participated in a Carte Blanche media interview on an ongoing investigation into the illicit bulk sale of codeine-based cough mixtures. This investigative report was broadcast on Sunday, 08 October 2023. The report relates... The post SAHPRA aware of… Read more »
- SAHPRA acknowledges World Patient Safety Day and World Pharmacist DayThe South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA) commemorated “World Patient Safety Day” and “World Pharmacist Day” (observed annually on 17 and 25 September, respectively). The World Health Organization’s (WHO’s) theme for the 2023 World Patient Safety Day is “Engaging patients for patient safety”, with... The post SAHPRA acknowledges World… Read more »
- SAHPRA hosts 3rd AU-3S Steering Group Meeting, new member countries welcomedPretoria, 14 September 2023 –The South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA) was the host country for a robust and engaging African Union Smart Safety Surveillance (AU3S) in-person Steering Group Meeting held on 11 – 12 September 2023 in Cape Town. AU-3S is a flagship... The post SAHPRA hosts 3rd… Read more »
- Public Alert – Ms Pamela Mohlabe was dismissed by SAHPRA following evidence of fraudulent activitiesPretoria, 04 September 2023 –The South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA) has been made aware that a dismissed employee is misleading stakeholders that she is still a SAHPRA employee. Ms Pamela (Pam) Mohlabe was dismissed in 2021 due to serious misconduct of fraud, including... The post Public Alert –… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest news
from Sahpra find out how to keep this page updated.