Sounds and Colours news updates “Field Guide to Latin American and Caribbean Culture”. Visit Sounds and Colours website here or see the feed summary below.
- Ed Motta: Behind the Tea ChroniclesEd Motta is a fun “intellectual”. However, many of those who follow him from afar, or just because of the controversies caused by his acidic comments, will disagree. But anyone who watches the artist’s daily live broadcasts on Instagram can say that the statement is true. There, at different times… Read more »
- On the MarginsIt’s hot, hot, hot here in Brazil as we endure our climate induced heatwave, however, this month I present for your inquisitive ears: distorted bolha beat, Afro-Brazilian futurism, surreal pagode and queer brega. Ramon Sucesso – Sexta dos Crias (Lugar Alto) As São Paulo label Lugar Alto move away from… Read more »
- Historical Roots and Modern Gambling in MexicoGames and gambling are great ways to have fun, learn new things, and develop our brains. People were aware of this for centuries, and different games were a part of ancient cultures. Some of the modern games and entertainment we have today were inspired by the games in these ancient… Read more »
- Gaming in Latin America: The Rise, Impact, and Warcraft PhenomenonThe gaming industry in Latin America has seen a remarkable evolution, transforming from a niche hobby to a major cultural and economic force. This rise is a testament to the region’s growing technological access and a deep-rooted passion for digital entertainment. Among the many titles and franchises that have made… Read more »
- Prezident Markon’s New Singles Round-up (Daymé Arocema, Bruno Berle, Balthvs, Silvana Estrada, Newen Afrobeat and many more)I’ve broken the habit of my tenure here on Sounds and Colours by publishing my album round-up before the singles. What came over me? Perhaps it was the sheer volume of new singles that daunted me. Well, I’ve swallowed the pills, girded my loins, taken a few deep breaths, so… Read more »
- Laura Citarella’s Thrilling And Mysterious ’Trenque Lauquen’Trenque Lauquen, the second solo work (and third feature after Dog Lady, co-directed with Verónica Llinás in 2015) from Argentine director Laura Citarella, is a beautifully complex treatise on the notion of discovery, the wholly biased act of interpretation and the porous unreliability of the archive. What begins as a… Read more »
- Celebrating the Carnivals of Latin America and the CaribbeanCarnivals in Latin America and the Caribbean are not merely extravagant parties; they are vibrant expressions of culture, history, and tradition. These annual celebrations stand as a testament to the rich tapestry of diverse societies that have shaped the identities of the people in these regions. From the rhythmic streets… Read more »
- The Vibrant Casino Scene in Latin AmericaThe gambling landscape in Latin America offers a rich tapestry of cultural and historical influences, shaping its unique casino scene. Unlike the often-discussed USA online casinos real money, the gaming environment in Latin America blends traditional elements with modern trends. This diverse casino scene caters not only to tourists but… Read more »
- TikTok’s Unparalleled Potential: How the Platform Is Revolutionizing the Latin Music LandscapeFive years after its introduction in China, TikTok took the world by storm during the past decade, achieving three billion downloads globally in 2021. The platform has also captivated the hearts of Latin Americans, registering around 136.1 million users in 2022 alone, with the number only projected to grow by… Read more »
- Nunca Tarde – Album round-up (LuizGa & Edgar Valente, Ara Tokatlian & Enrique Villegas, Classico Latino & Fruko, Mito & Comadre and more, more, more…)Quite liderally, a bumper batch for you this month; it must be getting near to Christmas. Pens and wish-lists poised please… Körinn Pierre-Fanfan: Rêver (Rozo Productions) I’ll start with this Guadeloupian singer’s second solo album, since I’ve been playing it regularly over several weeks ahead of its mid-November release. Ever… Read more »
Daily Live is updated
with the latest news from Sounds and Colours find out how to keep this page updated.