Refinery29 news updates “Refinery29”. Visit Refinery29 website here or see the feed summary below.
- Why Are Requests For Plastic Surgery Reversals On The Rise?As an influencer and aesthetician, Ryan Ruckledge spends a lot of time thinking about beauty and looking at beauty content on TikTok. It was there that the 30-year-old came across a trending cosmetic enhancement that would give his face the “lifted, feline look” he’d long desired: the ‘fox eye’ thread… Read more »
- Skinny Jeans Are Out. So What Shoes Do You Wear With Non-Skinny Jeans?Refinery29's selection is purely editorial and independently chosen – we only feature items we love! As part of our business model we do work with affiliates; if you directly purchase something from a link on this article, we may earn a small amount of commission. Transparency is important to us… Read more »
- Augustinus Bader Just Launched An Oily Skin-Version Of Its Best-Selling CreamAugustinus Bader needs no introduction. The brand has popped off in the skin-care space, thanks to its supercharged moisturisers — which are basically liquid gold. However, as glorious as these products are, I have to admit they can be a bit much for my oily, acne-prone skin. Here’s where Augustinus Bader’s… Read more »
- Fertility Diary: I’m A Queer Woman Doing Fertility Treatments SoloWelcome to Refinery29’s Fertility Diaries, where people chronicle their joyous, painful, and sometimes complicated paths to parenthood. Today, we hear from Christine Smith, a 34-year-old woman in California, who decided to undergo fertility treatments solo after coming out in her 30s. DashDividers_1_500x100 “When I was a kid, I imagined I’d… Read more »
- My Style Is Unapologetically Weird & I Owe It All To My MotherKristen Bateman is a fashion writer and founder of jewellery brand Dollchunk. If I had to choose my favourite item in my entire wardrobe, it would be a glass chiclet-style necklace from Chanel. It used to be extremely long, but over time, from excessive wear, it has broken up and… Read more »
- “A Minor Victory.” Abortion Care Resumes In Four U.S. States — For NowThe article is being updated as more news about temporary injunctions and restraining orders impacting abortion access comes out. It was originally published on June 28. Chaos and clinic-closing ensued after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, which protected a person’s right to choose abortion, last Friday. The decision… Read more »
- Why The 5 Love Languages Are Still Popular, Even After 29 YearsWhen Gary Chapman, PhD, published the book The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate in 1992, I’m not sure he intended to make such a huge impact in how we look at giving and receiving love. But nowadays, you can barely go a week without… Read more »
- Is It Ever Possible To Stay Close With An Ex’s Family?Even though Elaine Ventura had dated her ex for around half a year, their breakup was relatively painless. “We were just not on the same page,” she says. “Not to mention I was much older than he was.” They stopped speaking shortly after the split, and she hasn’t heard a… Read more »
- We Tried Zara’s New Oud Perfume Collection — & It Smells ExpensiveIt's fair to say that the hype for Zara's perfume collection is just as buzzy as that around Byredo, Diptyque and Maison Francis Kurkdjian (the brand behind internet-famous Baccarat Rouge). Head to TikTok and you'll spot influencers confessing their love for a handful of fragrances in the affordable range, from… Read more »
- R29 Reads: The Books We’re Picking Up This JulyThe weather has finally caught up to the month we’re in, which means celebrations all round. Does this call for lunchtime ice creams in the park? Yes. Sitting in a beer garden past 9pm? Double yes. Generally not doing a lot apart from lying in the sun? Pretty much. There is… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest news from Refinery29
find out how to keep this page updated.