Nlcsa news updates “National Lotteries Commission”. Visit Nlcsa website here or see the feed summary below.
- NLC Funding for Hangwani Mulaudzi FoundationMedia Statement20 October 2020For immediate release NLC Funding for Hangwani Mulaudzi Foundation The National Lotteries Commission has noted, with concern, recent media reports with regards to a grant allocated to the Hangwani Mulaudzi Foundation. Due to the public interest generated by mischievous insinuations of conflict... Read more »
- Cantare: Children’s voices resonate across SA – and touch Austria2007: NLDTF three-year grant of R2,8 million The Cantare Children’s Choir has had a relationship with the NLDTF since 2004. The word, Cantare, means “singing” in Italian. The choir develops new choristers and harnesses singing talent among gifted and includes children from the Ekhuruleni towns... Read more »
- District Six – local triumph in reclaiming memory and heritage2001: NLDTF grant R14,7 million The District Six Museum in Cape Town portrays a story of local triumph that emerged from a campaign that supported people’s right to return to the land from which they were forcibly removed – and to reclaim stolen memories and... Read more »
- Children and SANBI are greening our future2009: NLTDF grant R2,3 million SA National Biodiversity Institute’s garden-based school and outreach greening programme was implemented in five national botanical gardens – Pretoria, Walter Sisulu, Free State, Lowveld and Kirstenbosch – with support from the NLDTF. The SANBI projects involve learners, educators and community... Read more »
- Restoring people to their true humanity – values Steve Biko lived and died for2009: NLTDF grant R11 million The Steve Biko Foundation promotes the values that one of the greats of the anti-apartheid struggle, Steve Biko, lived and died for: restoring people to their true humanity. The Foundation pursues this goal through projects in the diverse areas of... Read more »
- Lottery Funding for the Cape Minstrel Carnival AssociationThe article in the Sunday Times of 11 January 2015 talked about “Carnival Chaos” and “infighting” amongst musical troupes; and also mentioned the NLDTF grant to the Cape Minstrel Carnival Association. The National Lotteries Board (NLB) wishes to clarify its role in supporting the carnival... Read more »
- NLB Fund did not provide Cape Minstrel Carnival with R41m in one yearPRESS STATEMENT 25 January 2015 The National Lotteries Board would like to once again correct an erroneous article which surfaced in the Sunday Times, and despite our efforts to put the record straight, the article continues to be recycled in its original form. According to... Read more »
- Beneficiaries urged not to pay fees to bogus consultants to access NLB grantsPRESS STATEMENT 12 February 2015 Download this press release as a PDF The National Lotteries Board (NLB) would like to warn NGOs and other organisations that benefit from the National Lottery grant system to be cautious when dealing with individuals or entities masquerading as “consultants”... Read more »
- National Lotteries Board welcome calls for Public Protector to probe Cape Minstrels AssociationThe National Lotteries Board (NLB) welcome calls by the public and other interested parties, as reported in the media, requesting the Office of the Public Protector to probe the manner in which the funds disbursed by the NLB were spent by the Cape Minstrel Association,... Read more »
- NLB hosts Post Indaba Stakeholder Engagement – provincial consultations on corporate governance of funded beneficiariesPRESS STATEMENT 10 March 15 The National Lotteries Board (NLB) will today descend on South Africa’s Diamond City, Kimberley, to host a Post Indaba Stakeholder Engagement (PISE), Charlotte Mampane, the Chief Executive of the NLB, announced. The focus of this year’s forum is “Corporate Governance... Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest news from Nlcsa
find out how to keep this page updated.