Nairobi Wire news updates “Kenya Breaking News, Entertainment, Politics, Business, Sports”. Visit Nairobi Wire website here or see the feed summary below.
- Revealed: Nuru Okanga’s KCPE ResultsNuru Okanga has finally disclosed his results from the recently published Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) exams. Having previously kept his KCPE scores under wraps, the vocal supporter of ODM leader Raila Odinga disclosed to his lawyer, Emmanuel Kibet, at the Milimani Law Courts that he achieved a score… Read more »
- How Hustler Loan Limits will be IncreasedPresident William Ruto has disclosed the methodology for raising loan limits for dedicated Kenyans engaged in the Hustler Fund initiative. The adjustments will be based on the frequency of borrowing by individuals since its launch in 2022. The Head of State said Kenyans who have borrowed from the fund on… Read more »
- ‘Economy Heading in the Right Direction’: Ruto Promises Kenyans Full Benefits Starting TodayPresident William Ruto asserts that the country is now on a positive economic course, with Kenyans set to experience the benefits of the government’s efforts to address the high cost of living starting in December. Speaking during the first-anniversary ceremony of the Hustler Fund in Nairobi on Thursday, President Ruto… Read more »
- Board a Non-PSV Vehicle at your own Risk: Murkomen Orders NTSA to Crackdown on Private Vehicles Operating as PSVsOn Thursday, Transport Cabinet Secretary Kipchumba Murkomen issued an order for intensified enforcement targeting private vehicles operating as Public Service Vehicles (PSVs). Murkomen gave the directive at the National Delegates Council Meeting of the Matatu Owners Association (MOA) held at the Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC). During the address, he… Read more »
- Nuru Okanga Faces Charges for Disparaging President RutoNuru Maloba Okanga has been accused of insulting President William Ruto on November 20, 2023. On Thursday, November 30, Okanga faced charges of disseminating false information on his YouTube channel, Riba News. The accusations stem from a video he allegedly circulated with the caption “Nuru Okanga on Fire,” where he… Read more »
- KBC Signs Ksh192million Deal as the Exclusive Free-to-Air Broadcaster for FKFPLKenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC) has entered into an exclusive agreement with FKF to become the exclusive Free-to-Air Broadcaster for the Football Kenya Federation Premier League (FKFPL). During the announcement of this partnership at the Talanta Hela Plaza on Thursday, Sports Cabinet Secretary Ababu Namwamba reaffirmed his dedication to ensuring the… Read more »
- Copyright Board Announces Plan to Boost Earnings of Kenyan MusiciansThe Kenya Copyright Board (KECOBO) has pledged to oversee the consolidation of the three entities responsible for collecting royalties on behalf of Kenyan artistes, aiming for increased efficiency and improved sector management. KECOBO Chairman Joshua Kutuny emphasized that the amalgamation of the three Collective Management Organizations (CMOs) would enhance efficiency… Read more »
- Kakamega County To Seek Compensation For Demolished HousesKakamega County will join the Law Society of Kenya as an interested party in seeking legal action for compensation of Families whose houses have been demolished at the Milimani Estate. Governor Fernandes Barasa condemned the demolition noting that the county government was not consulted or informed despite the area falling… Read more »
- Gachagua Calls on County Governments to Avoid Harassing Informal Sector TradersDeputy President Rigathi Gachagua has appealed to county governments to refrain from harassing informal sector traders. Addressing attendees at the anniversary of the Hustler Fund in Nairobi on Thursday, Gachagua underscored the importance of county leaders showing respect to traders, as they are the ones who elected them. “I beg… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with
the latest news from Nairobi Wire find out how to keep this page updated.