Casino Aus news updates “Casinoaus”. Visit Casino Aus website here or see the feed summary below.
- 2022 World Series of Poker Starts This WeekFor the first time since 2019, the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas is happening live with no pandemic restrictions. It is back on its usual start time (end of May) and will run through its usual end time (mid-July). There will be some major differences this year, as… Read more »
- Queensland Government Proposes Casino ReformsQueensland has been watching the New South Wales inquiry into The Star Entertainment and its casinos. Before that, lawmakers watched multiple probes into Crown Resorts. Quite a lot of disturbing information came to the fore, all demonstrating the need for tougher and more rigid gambling laws in Australia. Now, the… Read more »
- Catching Up on Latest Australian Poker Tour ResultsThe Australian Poker Tour’s fifth season has been on fire since the start of the year. Poker players have been excited to come to the live tables and play the APT series events. The season kicked off with APT Brisbane at Eatons Hill. APT organizers had estimated prize pools totaling… Read more »
- Aquis Prepares to Sell Canberra Casino to Oscars GroupIt has been a long time in the works. Aquis Entertainment bought Casino Canberra in 2014 with a grand vision for its future. A failed partnership with another company combined with ACT’s stringent laws pertaining to gambling prevented much progress. And the pandemic made everything nearly impossible. Aquis is now… Read more »
- Latest Developments in NSW ILGA Star ReviewThe Star Pty Ltd has been participating in public hearings since 17 March. Two months later, hearings continue in the independent review of the company by the NSW Independent Liquor & Gaming Authority (ILGA). With Adam Bell SC in charge, the inquiry continues to produce shocking headlines and prompting company… Read more »
- Las Vegas Gears Up for WSOP Summer with Poker SeriesWhen Australians travel for poker, they must travel long distances to do so. Flights are long, and they can be pricey. It just doesn’t pay, usually, to fly somewhere to play poker only to find limited choices. Of course, the World Series of Poker is different. Players travel from all… Read more »
- World Poker Tour Lines Up More WPT Australia StopsIt took many years for the World Poker Tour to take any of its tours to Australia. But when it did, several years ago, Aussie players made it an instant hit. That enthusiasm overcame pandemic-related barriers. When the WPT visited Sydney for the first time at the end of March… Read more »
- APLPT Ends Queensland and Preps for Tasmania in JuneThe Australian Poker League has been hosting one series after another in 2022. The APL Poker Tour hosted its January series in Queensland, February in Melbourne, and March in Sydney. Players are returning to the tables in significant numbers, and that was the case again in Queensland in April. Big… Read more »
- News Corp and BetMakers Sportsbook to Launch in 2022The latest sportsbook for the Australian market will open for betting sometime in the second half of 2022. The new wagering product puts News Corp Australia together with BetMakers and Tekkorp Capital. During the pandemic, the online betting market grew enough to show that bettors are open to a new… Read more »
- Star Entertainment Investors File Class Action LawsuitStar Entertainment has had better months. It has had better years. The current inquiry by the NSW Independent Liquor & Gaming Authority is revealing and sometimes jaw-dropping. But for Star and its employees, it has been painful, leaving many employees – and even executives – to wonder what may be… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest news from
Casino Aus find out how to keep this page updated.