Zme Science news updates “Science news and features since 2007”. Visit Zme Science website here or see the feed summary below.
- Could rice husk and newspapers create a new sustainable insulation material?It could help bring down the environmental impact of the construction sector Read more »
- CO2 is getting better at trapping heat the more it builds up in the atmosphereNew research shows that carbon dioxide becomes a stronger greenhouse gas as its levels rise, highlighting the critical need for immediate emission reductions. Read more »
- What your taste in music says about your sense of moralityThe music we love may mirror our moral values. Read more »
- Microsleeping penguins nap thousands of times a dayIt's one of the most extreme examples of how sleep benefits can accumulate incrementally. Read more »
- Swiping right but no matches? Why online dating algorithms are about popularity and not compatibilityOnline dating is increasingly pay to play. Read more »
- Polluted air from rush-hour traffic increases blood pressure — even 24 hours laterWe're still only beginning to understand the health risks of air pollution Read more »
- Solar power outshines reforestation for climate change mitigationIt's time to be efficient. In a breakthrough study, solar energy proves more efficient than tree planting in dryland areas. Read more »
- Google AI predicts over 2 million new crystals. Is this the future of material science?DeepMind's AI GNoME has predicted 2.2 million new crystal structures, vastly expanding potential materials for advanced technology development. Read more »
- The iconic Viking halls probably had stylish glass windowsVikings still hold some surprises for us. Read more »
- This is what Mars would look like from a space stationNASA's Odyssey Orbit has been taking stunning pictures of Mars for more than 20 years. But this is something else. Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the
latest news from Zme Science find out how to keep this page updated.