Zenkimchi news updates “Exploring Korean food since 2004”. Visit Zenkimchi website here or see the feed summary below.
- Top 10 Korean Food Tours With Prices & Crucial Details 2022Korean food tours, especially Seoul food tours, daunt travelers with all the choices. There is no one-size-fits-all experience. As I said on a previous post, TripAdvisor/Viator tours and others like them tend to be reposts of other companies’ tours with 15-30% sucked out for commissions. Do the right thing. Book… Read more »
- Filet-O-Fish is back in KoreaMcDonald’s Korea discontinued the Filet-O-Fish in 2008. Today, April 1st, 2021, it is back. I try my first one in maybe 15 years. Will it live up to expectations? And what of the Double Filet-O-Fish? The post Filet-O-Fish is back in Korea appeared first on ZenKimchi. Read more »
- “Minari” is PersonalI rented “Minari” last week and watched it a couple of times. I’m still thinking about it. I love books and films that linger and don’t vanish like cotton candy. The film focuses on a Korean-American family settling in the American south in the 1980s. I grew up in that… Read more »
- 9 Great Korean Restaurant Franchises (and bad ones) 2022There’s something I’d say for Korea that I wouldn’t say for America–there are some freakin’ good restaurant franchises that I’d recommend even over independent restaurants. Their quality is consistently good. These Korean restaurant franchises would also be great brands to export. I’m leaving out the fried chicken and non-Korean-food franchises… Read more »
- 11 Best Korean Chicken Joints 2022My rule of thumb is this. To tell a good chicken place, look at the people inside. If it's full of beautiful young women taking selfies, likely isn't good chicken. If it's full of middle-aged men who look like life has kicked them in the teeth--GREAT CHICKEN! The post 11… Read more »
- Korean Pork Belly RecipeIf you have ever been to South Korea, you’ve most likely tried traditional pork belly. The meat is tender and not too spicy, and it’s a perfect part of a feast for guests or family gatherings. With this recipe, you can bring all of the beautiful Korean pork belly flavors… Read more »
- The Koreans Eating Dog Meat Meme is RacistThis is long past due.I'm getting so tired of ignorant people associating modern Korea with eating dog meat. Or even worse, portraying the entire country as dog eaters. The post The Koreans Eating Dog Meat Meme is Racist appeared first on ZenKimchi. Read more »
- Cultural Details You Missed in “Parasite”I have watched “Parasite” a few times now. During one viewing, I broke out my laptop to take notes. There were a lot of references in the film that people outside Korea wouldn’t get. Darcy Paquet (Hi, Darcy!), who translated the subtitles into English, as he’s done for many of Bong Joon-ho’s… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the
latest news from Zenkimchi find out how to keep this page updated.