Truthlegal news updates “Truth Legal Solicitors are an ethical, tenacious and affordable law firm”. Visit Truthlegal website here or see the feed summary below.
- Cruel Immigration Measures Unveiled by Home Secretary: What You Need to KnowIn a shocking announcement on December 4, 2023, Home Secretary James Cleverly unveiled a series of immigration measures that not only slam the door on aspiring migrants but also deliver a harsh blow to British citizens and businesses. This blog sheds light on the key changes and their potential implications.… Read more »
- Q&A with Catherine Reynolds – Truth Legal’s Head of Personal InjuryAnd now for something completely different! Instead of looking at part of the law, like our usual blogs, here we focus on the lawyer – and get to know more about Catherine Reynolds, Truth Legal’s Head of Personal Injury. Catherine is known to hundreds of clients and former clients as… Read more »
- A Practical Guide to Sponsoring in Regulated Medical ProfessionsAt Truth Legal, we’re highly experienced in the sponsorship of regulated medical professionals, including allied health professionals. Aside from our extensive work in the care sector, we’ve also assisted in the sponsorship of chiropractors, physiotherapists, dentists, dental hygienists, dental therapists, orthodontic therapists etc ….. In this article, we look at… Read more »
- Road Safety Week 2023 – Why It Matters19th November will see the beginning of Road Safety Week 2023 – the latest in a series of annual campaigns by the charity Brake. The event is aimed at raising awareness of the dangers of speeding, and the differences that even a few miles-per-hour can make to avoiding road traffic… Read more »
- Employers to Face New Legal Duty to Protect Against Sexual HarassmentA new law has just been passed which is set to increase the protections employees receive against sexual harassment. As its mouthful of a name suggests, the Worker Protection (Amendment of Equality Act 2010) Act 2023 makes changes to the Equality Act, and creates a new duty requiring employers to… Read more »
- What’s the Most Common Type of Road Traffic Accident?The UK has some of the safest roads in the world, but unfortunately road traffic accidents are an inescapable reality of any busy road network. And with more and more vehicles travelling on the UK’s roads (40.8 million licensed vehicles as of March 2023 according to the RAC Foundation) the… Read more »
- Do You Require a UK Visit Visa to Visit Family?Who needs to apply for a Visit Visa? If your country of nationality is listed on the Visa National list you will need to obtain a visit visa, issued by the Home Office, prior to your to travel to the UK. UK visit visa applications face a high risk of… Read more »
- How Employers Can Navigate the Visa Extension MazeThis article looks at how employers can navigate the visa extension maze with right to work checks, the ’28-day rule’, and the employer checking service. In the United Kingdom, employers are entrusted with the responsibility of ensuring that their employees possess the legal right to work. This duty encompasses not… Read more »
- How to Secure a Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence for Your Pub, Restaurant, or HotelAre you a hospitality business owner, managing a pub, restaurant, or hotel, and considering sponsoring workers under a skilled worker sponsor licence? In this guide, we'll walk you through the process of obtaining a UK sponsor licence. Understanding which roles you can sponsor, the associated costs, and ensuring compliance is… Read more »
- Ethical Sponsorship in the Care Sector: Five Steps to Getting it RightUnethical sponsorship of migrant workers in the care sector has been making headlines recently, with horror stories of exploitation and abuse bordering on modern slavery. The UK care sector relies heavily on migrant labour, and employs migrant workers in significant numbers. As is so often the case, it’s likely to… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with
the latest news from Truthlegal find out how to keep this page updated.