The Athletic news updates “Theathletic”. Visit The Athletic website here or see the feed summary below.
- Trade analysis: Mariners net salary relief, while Atlanta addresses holes — LawSeattle gains salary relief in the deal, but it isn't the sort of move that signals a "fire sale" for the Mariners. Read more »
- Premier League news live: Latest on Man City and Arsenal, build-up to midweek fixturesStay updated on the latest events unfolding in the Premier League and across Europe Read more »
- Braves trade for Mariners’ Jarred Kelenic, still looking to add starting pitcherAlex Anthopoulos vowed that the Braves won't trade any of their young players who signed long-term contract extensions before free agency. Read more »
- Scouting notebook: The future is bright for Nico Collins, Austin Ekeler is washed and moreMichael Salfino spins Week 13, including his feeling that Chargers running back Austin Ekeler's best days are well behind him. Read more »
- NFL playoff picture: Can 49ers surge past Eagles to snag No. 1 seed in NFC?The No. 1 seeds in both the AFC and the NFC are up for grabs. Read more »
- Rodrigue: At 6-6 with a playoff shot, Rams’ greater victory is finding their gritAfter beating the Browns on Sunday, the Rams have won three games in a row, are 6-6 and have a real shot at the playoffs. Read more »
- Kings’ Anze Kopitar becomes franchise’s all-time assists leader, surpasses Marcel DionneLos Angeles Kings center Anze Kopitar became the franchise’s all-time assists leader Sunday night, getting the 758th of his career to pass Hall of Famer Marcel Dionne in the Kings’ 4-1 win over the visiting Colorado Avalanche. In a season full of milestones for the Kings’ captain, the 36-year-old Kopitar… Read more »
- Thompson: In a convincing Philadelphia rout, 49ers get their proof of conceptThe 49ers were convinced they could take down the Eagles. On Sunday, they proved it and announced their Super Bowl intentions. Read more »
- Mariners trade OF Jarred Kelenic to Braves in 5-player deal: What’s Atlanta getting in former elite prospect?The Seattle Mariners traded outfielder Jarred Kelenic to the Atlanta Braves, the teams announced Sunday. The Braves also received left-handed pitcher Marco Gonzales, first baseman Evan White and cash considerations from Seattle. Pitchers Jackson Kowar and Cole Phillips are going to the Mariners. Kelenic was the No. 6 pick in… Read more »
- Jordan Love propels Packers past Chiefs in ‘Sunday Night Football’: How Green Bay bolsters playoff chancesPackers quarterback Jordan Love starred in Green Bay’s 27-19 win over the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday night at Lambeau Field. The 25-year-old QB was 25-of-36 passing for 267 yards and three touchdowns. The Packers improved to 6-6 with the win, their third straight, as the Chiefs fell to 8-4.… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest news
from The Athletic find out how to keep this page updated.