Motorsport Week news updates “Your daily source of motorsport news, features, results and images”. Visit Motorsport Week website here or see the feed summary below.
- Report: F1 renews with ESPN for US broadcast rightsESPN is set to continue broadcasting Formula 1 in the United States for the next three years after agreeing to a new deal. Sports Business Journal reports that the contract is not yet signed, however rival bids from Amazon and Comcast were told that they are not going to be accepted.… Read more »
- Espargaro edges Quartararo in Dutch TT FP3Aleix Espargaro moved to the head of the timesheets in FP3 for the Dutch TT at Assen by a narrow 0.002s over series leader Fabio Quartararo despite a late crash. The Aprilia racer looked strong throughout the dry third practice outing as he focussed primarily on running race simulations with… Read more »
- Perez: Too early to judge new Formula 1 regulationsSergio Perez believes it is too early for the sport to draw conclusions over the new-for-2022 Formula 1 cars. Since the start of the season, cars have been bouncing on the straights, which is a consequence of the ground effect phenomenon. The challengers are now running much lower to the… Read more »
- Porsche unveils its WEC and IMSA challenger, the 963Porsche Motorsport has pulled the covers off of its WEC LMDh and IMSA challenger, which has been given the moniker 963. The car made its official public debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on Friday, including a run up the famous hill, wearing a traditional red, white and black… Read more »
- Rovanpera grabs day two lead as rivals hit troubleKalle Rovanpera capitalised on rival issues to end Friday as the overall leader of the Safari Rally Kenya. Read more »
- Bagnaia keeps Ducati on top at Assen with scratch FP2 timeFrancesco Bagnaia headed Aleix Espargaro at the end of a wet/dry FP2 session at Assen to keep Ducati at the head of the timesheets as Friday running reached its conclusion. The test started out wet following the heavy rain that coated the Circuit TT Assen in the morning, the bulk… Read more »
- Overview: How is the F1 2023 driver market shaping up?Formula 1 2023 is still over half a year but where does the upcoming ‘silly season’ stand at its current stage? Mercedes: George Russell joined on a long-term deal for 2022 after spending several years affiliated to the manufacturer. Seven-time champion Lewis Hamilton signed a two-year deal, covering 2022 and… Read more »
- Daruvala completes F1 test at Silverstone with McLarenJehan Daruvala was behind the wheel of McLaren’s 2021 Formula 1 car earlier this week, with the outing taking place at Silverstone. Daruvala is a member of the Red Bull junior programme, but received permission from the energy drink-backed squad to drive McLaren’s car. It marked the Indian driver’s first… Read more »
- Miller heads soaking opening practice at Assen ahead of MirJack Miller led the way in a soaking wet opening practice at the TT Circuit Assen ahead of Suzuki’s Joan Mir. Rain continued to hit the Dutch venue hard throughout the 45-minute session, meaning that track action was relatively light throughout the middling stages, times falling frequently as riders… Read more »
- AlphaTauri officially confirms Gasly for 2023Pierre Gasly will remain with AlphaTauri for the 2023 Formula 1 season, the team has officially confirmed. During the recent Canadian Grand Prix weekend, AlphaTauri team boss Franz Tost asserted that Gasly would stay put at the team for next year. The news was made official on Friday morning by… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with
the latest news from Motorsport Week find out how to keep this page updated.