Motorsport Week news updates “Your daily source of motorsport news, features, results and images”. Visit Motorsport Week website here or see the feed summary below.
- Super Formula champion Nojiri drives Red Bull F1 carTwo-time Super Formula Champion Tomoki Nojiri was handed the chance to drive Red Bull’s RB16B Formula 1 cR at Motegi, Japan as part of Honda Thanks Day 2023. Nojiri, aged 34, is no stranger to high-performance single-seater machinery, with the Japanese Super Formula Championship – in which he pilots a… Read more »
- Norris lauds Stella for ‘amazing’ McLaren 2023 F1 turnaroundLando Norris has lauded McLaren Formula 1 boss Andrea Stella for the side’s “amazing” turnaround in 2023, adding that he “couldn’t ask for a better team principal”. Stella was promoted into the role over the winter after Andreas Seidl’s departure to Sauber but endured a baptism of fire as McLaren… Read more »
- O’Ward: If you want to be an F1 champion, you have to be uncomfortablePato O’Ward’s primary duty is to be a driver for Arrow McLaren’s IndyCar team, but he has been steadily becoming more familiar with McLaren’s Formula 1 operations over the past couple years. The Mexican driver earned his first F1 outing by winning a bet with Zak Brown that he could… Read more »
- How much prize money did each F1 team receive in 2023?Formula 1 Constructors’ Champions Red Bull led the way in prize money earnings for the 2023 campaign, receiving an estimated $140 million. F1 is many things; sport, entertainment and business and there is often an overlap between all three affecting any decision made in the series. That is no truer… Read more »
- Hamilton initiated ‘big, big talks’ with Mercedes during 2023Lewis Hamilton has reiterated that Mercedes failed to apply his advice when assembling its 2023 Formula 1 car, which prompted him to initiate “big, big talks” with the team. Despite slumping to third in the standings upon F1’s latest technical overhaul in 2022, a late victory in Brazil inspired Mercedes… Read more »
- Fry reveals why he traded unenthusiastic Alpine for WilliamsRecently appointed Williams Formula 1 Chief Technical Officer Pat Fry has revealed he departed Alpine because the team lacked the “enthusiasm” needed to progress. Having undertaken spells at both McLaren and Ferrari since leaving the Enstone squad – when it was known as Benetton – Fry returned to the Renault-owned… Read more »
- Vasseur: Ferrari must become ‘more opportunistic and efficient’Ferrari Formula 1 boss Frederic Vasseur has urged the team to become “more opportunistic and efficient” after admitting it spurned too many points throughout 2023. The Italian marque’s bid to launch a sustained title challenge was stymied from the outset by an unpredictable SF-23 car that struggled to maintain speed… Read more »
- Russell: Mercedes ‘not scratching our heads’ over Red Bull gapGeorge Russell is adamant that Mercedes is “not scratching our heads” to understand its performance deficit to Red Bull. Having won a record-breaking eight consecutive Constructors’ Championships, Mercedes’ dominance was halted upon F1’s move to ground effect machinery last year. Despite slipping to third in the standings and only achieving… Read more »
- Pirelli reveal tyre choices for first three 2024 F1 roundsPirelli has revealed the tyre compounds it will bring to the first three races of the 2024 Formula 1 season, including its softest allocation to the Australian Grand Prix. The Italian manufacturer, which extended its deal as F1’s official tyre tender until 2027, recently confirmed that it would retain an… Read more »
- Williams confirms Sargeant, 2024 F1 grid completedWilliams has confirmed that Logan Sargeant will remain with the team in Formula 1 next season, completing the full 2024 grid. Sargeant stepped up to Formula 1 with Williams for 2023 and endured a challenging rookie campaign, with a spate of incidents and setbacks, and was largely shaded by Alex… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with
the latest news from Motorsport Week find out how to keep this page updated.