Dispatch Live news updates “DispatchLIVE RSS”. Visit Dispatch Live website here or see the feed summary below.
- IN THE GARDEN | Hanging gardens are for everyoneIf the outside of your home, balcony or courtyard is calling for some kind of feature to add interest to it, dress it up with one or a few window boxes. Window boxes allow you to garden wherever you live, no matter if you have a small garden or none… Read more »
- BEHIND THE NEWS | Succession dispute after death of King Sigcau brings royal houses into disreputeRoyalty in SA is fast losing its grandeur and its essence as custodian and repository of customs and culture of the nation they lead. Succession battles have seen royal families reduce traditional leadership into laughing stocks. Mudslinging, backstabbing, hanging out dirty linen in public, manipulation, disrespect and dishonesty all play… Read more »
- Historic occasion as Nkomonye launches Eastern Cape boxing beltA historic occasion played out at the East London International Convention Centre on Friday when belts for the Eastern Cape titles were officially unveiled by the provincial department of sports, recreation, arts & culture MEC Fezeka Nkomonye, in conjunction with Boxing SA. The event marked the first time provincial titles… Read more »
- Xamlashe to captain Griquas in Currie Cup finalFormer Selborne College outside centre Sango Xamlashe will lead the Griquas when they face the Mbombela side Pumas in the Carling Currie Cup final at Windhoek Draught Park, Kimberle,y (3pm kickoff) on Saturday. Xamlashe replaces Neil Otto as skipper. Otto failed his concussion test after getting a head knock in… Read more »
- Masked Singer fundraiser event for children’s trustGrab your masks and break out your most colourful costumes because there’s going to be an extra special fundraiser for Greensleeves Children’s Trust at Hudson Park Primary School on Saturday July 2. “Who is the Masked Singer”, based on the hit US television show of the same name, will see… Read more »
- WSU drama ‘Mamlambo’ shines spotlight on killing of women accused of witchcraftThe issue of women, especially the elderly, being accused of witchcraft and sometimes killed in their own communities is highlighted in a play performed by a group of Walter Sisulu University drama society students at the National Arts Festival in Makhanda. Mamlambo, which runs from Thursday until Monday at… Read more »
- Umhlobo Wenene suspends presenter for freelancing elsewhereUmhlobo Wenene FM’s popular radio presenter Rev Mzukisi Faleni had been suspended by the station with insiders believing the move was a “witch-hunt” to get rid of him from a station he has served for 21 years. Faleni, a presenter of the popular religious programme called Imvuselelo (Revival) which airs… Read more »
- Five accused in murder of family members refused bailFour Tsolo brothers and a family friend accused of killing five relatives in Tshisane village in December failed to convince the town’s magistrate’s court to release them on bail on Friday. The Sikwatsha brothers Chumile, 26, and Aviwe, 32, Asanda, 27, and Siphenathi, 22, and Menelisi Somtsewu, 36, are accused… Read more »
- National Arts Festival: relaxing of Covid restrictions means full houses againWith Covid-19 restrictions finally dropped, the promise of normalcy and social activities without face masks hiding the smiles of attendees, the rolling grey clouds and plummeting winter weather were no match for the outburst of excitement at the opening of the 48th National Arts Festival in Makhanda. Read more »
- WATCH | Two Safa members receive death threats ahead of the elective congressSA Football Association (Safa) CEO Tebogo Motlanthe has revealed that two members, who he did not identify, have received death threats. Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest news from Dispatch Live
find out how to keep this page updated.