Awful Announcing news updates “All things sports media”. Visit Awful Announcing website here or see the feed summary below.
- TV and Streaming Viewing Picks for June 25: how to watch the USFL semifinalsAll Times Eastern Australian Rules Football AFL — Week 15 North Melbourne Kangaroos vs. Adelaide Crows — Fox Soccer Plus, 11 p.m. Collingwood Magpies vs. Greater Western Sydney Giants — FS2, 1 a.m. (Sunday) Port Adelaide Power vs. Gold Coast Suns — Fox Soccer Plus, 2 a.m. (Sunday) Auto Racing… Read more »
- Paul Pogba’s ‘The Pogmentary’ has a lower IMDB rating than ‘United Passions’There is no more reviled film than United Passions, the Sepp Blatter vanity project. The film brought in less than $1,000 in theaters in the US on its opening weekend, and managed to earn a 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes from critics (the audience was more generous, granting it a score… Read more »
- ABC is airing UFC in primetime for the first time next SaturdayABC has aired live UFC fights before, but never in primetime. That will end next Saturday, when the network simulcasts coverage of the UFC 276 prelims. Saturday, July 2, @ABCNetwork will air its first-ever #UFC event in primetime – the #UFC276 Prelims at 8p ET More: https://t.co/bKwdTSJQtA https://t.co/9LBudzHb3Q — ESPN… Read more »
- NBA Draft first round averages 3.988 million viewers on ABC and ESPNThe NBA Draft aired on ESPN and ABC Thursday, with both networks airing the first round and the second round airing exclusively on ESPN. Overall, the results were promising for ESPN, with the Draft’s first round averaging 3.988 million viewers across both networks and the second round averaging 1.124 million… Read more »
- Amazon, Apple, Disney have reportedly all submitted bids for NFL Sunday Ticket, while DirecTV may strike a deal with the winnerThe future of NFL Sunday Ticket has been in question for (at least) four years, and we’ll finally be getting a decision about the package’s new home in the coming months. And while a deal hasn’t been reached yet, three companies have submitted bids, according to Alex Sherman and Jessica… Read more »
- Malika Andrews tearfully addressed the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade during ESPN’s NBA TodayOne day after celebrating the 50th anniversary of Title IX – legislation passed to provide equal opportunities in sports for women and prohibit sex-based discrimination at school – the Supreme Court voted Friday to overturn Roe v. Wade. In 24 hours, we went from celebrating women’s rights, to taking a… Read more »
- ESPN will keep Formula 1 rights through 2025, and they’re paying a lot more to do soESPN will be retaining the American broadcast rights to Formula 1 after all. That news comes despite competition from Comcast and Amazon, which clearly saw the value in the growing racing circuit as well. John Ourand and Adam Stern broke the renewal news at Sports Business Journal: F1 has agreed… Read more »
- JJ Redick rails against Bleacher Report, ClutchPoints and all aggregate media platformsRecent and current NBA players are attempting to outline a very specific definition of what they believe the media is. Imagine if we only considered a basketball player a basketball player when they’re able to shoot, dribble, pass, rebound and play defense? JJ Redick wouldn’t fit the definition, neither would… Read more »
- Scott Van Pelt knows ESPN can’t replicate Charles Barkley’s ability to “not give a sh*t” on Inside the NBAThe most universally beloved aspect of the NBA might be Turner’s coverage of the sport, led by Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith, Shaquille O’Neal and Ernie Johnson. For years, ESPN’s NBA Countdown, their answer to Turner’s Inside the NBA, has featured a revolving door of hosts and analysts. And for years,… Read more »
- Fox and NBC execs seem happy with “profitable” first season from USFL, and are starting to plan for season twoThe new USFL wrapped up its regular season last week and is now heading to the playoffs, so we now have full regular season TV numbers for them. Ben Fischer goes through those at Sports Business Journal, breaking down how the league’s average TV audience of 715,000 (for 36 of… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest
news from Awful Announcing find out how to keep this page updated.