Ajournal of Musical Things news updates “Filtering what is happening in music to save you time, money and effort.”. Visit Ajournal of Musical Things website here or see the feed summary below.
- Here’s your out-of-context music video of the weekendIf the internet hadn’t been invented, we’d never be able to join musical interpretations like this, We are truly blessed to live in times such as these. Read more »
- In case you missed Weird Al’s clapback to Spotify, here it is…The big story in some circles this week has been reporting on Spotify’s annual Wrapped marketing campaign, which offers analysis of what subscribers listened to over the past year. Weird Al had something Read more »
- In honour of the last ever KISS shows, they lit up the Empire State Building. Watch.The last-ever KISS shows (at least with Gene and Paul) will happen this weekend at Madison Square Garden (sorry, fans in Toronto and Ottawa; there will be no makeup dates). The city has Read more »
- It turns out there’s a link between your favourite music and your moral compass. It’s science!A new study published on PLOS One says that your musical preference has a connection to your personal sense of morality. Entitled “Soundscapes of morality: Linking music preferences and moral values through lyrics Read more »
- The Ongoing History of New Music, encore presentation: The great KGB punk conspiracyYou may be aware of a podcast that came out in the spring of 2020 that sought to get to the bottom of a certain musical mystery. Wind of Change explores the possibility that a Read more »
- Ongoing History Daily: The introduction of stereo (part 3)If you’re listening to me on an FM radio, you’re listening in stereo. But FM wasn’t the first type of stereo broadcast. The first broadcast was made with AM radio back in 1925 Read more »
- RIP Pogues Singer Shane MacGowan. His body finally gave out.Years ago, I drew the assignment of introducing The Pogues from the stage at the old Concert Hall in Toronto. The band was late coming on because no one could locate singer Shane Read more »
- Henry Kissinger is dead at 100. Time to revisit a Monty Python song.Henry Kissinger was one of the most influential and consequential diplomats of the 20th century. More than a few people considered him a war criminal for the way he waged war in Southeast Read more »
is updated with the latest news from Ajournal of Musical Things find out how to keep this page updated.