Wlce news updates “Helping Womxn Most In Need”. Visit Wlce website here or see the feed summary below.
- Safeguarding access to safe and legal abortions: Voice of Unborn BabyIn a country where access to abortion and other sexual and reproductive health care services are difficult to access the Constitutional Court judgment handed down on Wednesday, 15 June 2022 in the case of Voice of the Unborn Baby NPC and another v The Minister of Home Affairs and another… Read more »
- Workers’ Day: How does the new Harassment Code impact womxn at work?The purpose of the Harassment Code is to ensure that South African workplaces comply with their constitutional as well as our country’s international obligations to ensure safe and just working environments. Read more »
- High Court vindicates women’s rights to speak about their rape experience as a critical way to combat the scourge of violence against womenThe Women’s Legal Centre is inspired by the judgement handed down by the Western Cape High Court this morning in which the Court overturned an order made by the Cape Town Magistrate’s Court gagging our client from speaking about the fact that she was raped by her ex-boyfriend. Read more »
- Apex court judgment enables opposite-sex life partners to inherit intestateThrough our work as the Women’s Legal Centre, we are all too aware that simply because our constitution requires equality both as a right not to be infringed and a value by which we all strive to live, traditionally most male partners dictate the nature and evolution of a romantic… Read more »
- Magistrate’s Courts fail to protect womxn who survive violenceViolence against women remains a pandemic in South Africa, and when women experience domestic violence, Magistrate’s Courts are often the first entry point to access justice. Read more »
- Seeking to have the system used by the SAPS to determine the allocation of their human resources recognise the impact of violent crimes on womenFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CAPE TOWN: 1 February 2022 Seeking to have the system used by the SAPS to determine the allocation of their human resources recognise the impact of violent crimes on women On 3 February 2022, the Constitutional Court will hear its first case of the year, Social Justice Coalition… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest news
from Wlce find out how to keep this page updated.