Upstarthr news updates “making HR better, one HR pro at a time”. Visit Upstarthr website here or see the feed summary below.
- Turning Labor Market Insights into Talent Intelligence with Brian Jackson of Southwest AirlinesSo we’re looking at how the words are actually formed. When you’re hiring for a technology manager, what does that mean? Are you looking for a technical technology manager? Are you looking for someone who grew up in the chops of software development, knows all of the full delivery life… Read more »
- Skills, Potential, and Work Insights from Heidi Perloff of The Estée Lauder Companies“ I do think that there is so much hidden talent inside our organizations, and we don’t even realize it. How do you find that? How do you leverage that? How do you build and develop that? This is what I find so interesting about the skills conversation. Everything that we’ve… Read more »
- 4 Signs a Company Doesn’t Value HR [Reader Question]Hi all! It’s been a minute. Working on a lot of fun stuff between the latest book, HR Summer School, regular livestream events, a ton of speaking at HR conferences and industry events, and so on. But I still get questions pretty regularly and love addressing them when I can… Read more »
- How to Skip 1,500 Interviews and Increase Quality of HireAnd so that doesn’t happen overnight. But over time, as people bought into it and we started to see over the course of one year, we gave the business back 1500 interviews. Imagine the extra time that was available for our product managers. They could do their job, and then… Read more »
- Can HR Really Work Remotely? How Eco’s Head of People Does ItI’m really excited we are a fully remote organization. It’s why I get to do the work I do from Hawaii. It does mean I have really early mornings, so be aware of what you’re signing up for, but I get to work fully remote. In supporting fully remote organizations,… Read more »
- The One Thing Employers Have to Know for Worker Retention in 2023-2024 [Livestream]On Thursday, August 10th, George Rogers and I will be hosting a special livestream to look at our brand new data on Performance, Engagement, and Culture Enablement (PEACE). Based on 1,000 global workers, this study has some incredible insights on how employees feel about their experiences at work today, what… Read more »
- DisruptHR HSV is BACK!In August I’ll be hosting the DisruptHR HSV event. This event is open to HR professionals that want to think differently about the profession, grow their network, and challenge the status quo. We’ll have multiple speakers covering everything from coaching and performance to culture and DEIB topics. If you’re within… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with
the latest news from Upstarthr find out how to keep this page updated.