The Up Coming news updates “Film, music, food, art, theatre, fashion from London and beyond”. Visit The Up Coming website here or see the feed summary below.
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn to War | Movie reviewThe first full-length feature documentary about the titular landscape artist, Eric Ravilious: Drawn to War explores his life, as told through a combination of previously unseen correspondence and his artwork, chronicling the ways he changed as a person and a creative before his untimely death in 1942. These accounts of… Read more »
- Beauty and the Beast: The Musical at London Palladium | Theatre reviewThe magic of the enchanted castle in Beauty and the Beast takes the London Palladium by storm. Like the witch casting the spell at the story’s beginning, the cast and creatives bewitch theatregoers with this spectacular musical. Belle (Courtney Stapleton) is the odd girl in a small village, always with… Read more »
- Gaming in Japan: A countrywide crazeIt was during the 80s that Japan began to stand out as the ultimate video game haven – first with the release of Namco’s Pacman, then with Nintendo’s Mario Bros and finally, in the early 90s, with Sega’s Sonic the Hedgehog. 40 years later, Japan is still at the forefront… Read more »
- Key safety tips for your DIY home projectsThere is no doubt that the popularity of DIY home projects is on the rise currently. Choosing to go this route is easy to understand when you consider how rewarding it can be and the control it gives you. Safety is key when engaging in home renovations though and this… Read more »
- The Terminal List | Show reviewA collaboration between director Antoine Fuqua and leading man Chris Pratt for a brawny, all-American military thriller seems like a no-brainer. In the case of The Terminal List, the muscular, heavy-handed direction of Fuqua combines somewhat effectively with Pratt’s stocky, dependable screen presence for a serial adaptation of Jack Carr’s… Read more »
- Baymax! | Show reviewDisney series Baymax! consists of six mini-stories following Baymax from Big Hero 6. The big white robot helps people in a variety of ways beyond their health, though he is technically not programmed to do so. As a “personal healthcare companion”, he is equipped with everything needed to treat a… Read more »
- St Vincent at the Hammersmith Apollo | Live review“Oh London, oh London…” were the first words that Annie Clark aka St Vincent spoke to the ecstatic crowd of the Eventim Apollo yesterday evening, the only London date in a way-too-short UK tour. The artist’s latest album, Daddy’s Home, came out more than a year ago, marking Clark’s father’s… Read more »
- Parisian bar Little Red Door to take over Adam Handling’s Eve Bar on 7 JulyAdam Handling’s Eve Bar will welcome Parisian Little Red Door – currently ranked number 21st in World’s 50 Best Bars – for an exclusive takeover. On Thursday 7th July, Londoners will have the rare opportunity to try drinks from Little Red Door’s new menu Flourish, expertly made by the team… Read more »
- Gaiia by Hares Youssef: Fiction that is turning into realityIn 2020, philanthropist, writer, philosopher and former adviser to Ukrainian President Viktor Yushchenko, Hares Youssef wrote an essay on a political utopia that may be coming to life now (hopefully, in a positive way). The novel begins with a dynamic narrative: real names and facts are intertwined with painfully realistic… Read more »
- Netflix Walking Tour: From Bridgerton to The Crown, a free walking tour through the filming locationsNetflix is rewarding its fans with a fun activity to be held in London, Paris and Madrid for one week only this summer. Between the 11th and 17th of July, there will be free walking tours that will take participants through the locations where some of the streaming channel’s most… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with
the latest news from The Up Coming find out how to keep this page updated.