Tech Financials news updates “Reliable Tech News In South Africa”. Visit Tech Financials website here or see the feed summary below.
- MTN Teams Up With WIM Technologies To Combat Network Congestion And Unauthorised Usage ImpactMTN has announced its strategic collaboration with WIM Technologies, to implement an innovative solution called Unison FWA, designed to significantly enhance the Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) experience for MTN’s valued customers. This partnership underscores MTN’s unwavering commitment to delivering superior internet connectivity solutions and brings a wealth of benefits to… Read more »
- Drone Fishing In South Africa Is A Danger To Sharks And May Be Unfair To Other Fishers – StudyBY Alexander Claus Winkler, Rhodes University “Drone fishing” is a relatively recent innovation in the use of unmanned aerial vehicles. Some recreational anglers are using personal drones to fly baited lines into hard-to-reach areas of water, or to look for good fishing areas. Recreational fishing is a popular sport and… Read more »
- Is Rain The Ultimate Bidder For Telkom’s Masts And Towers Business, Swiftnet?Two weeks ago, Telkom revealed its plan to sell its masts and towers business, Swiftnet. The giant telco said it has entered an exclusivity period with a preferred bidder, a consortium led by a reputable private equity firm with black economic empowerment backing. Simultaneously, African Rainbow Capital (ARC) – empowerment… Read more »
- South Africa Advances Efforts To Enhance Anti-Money Laundering SystemsSouth Africa has made progress in addressing the 20 technical compliance difficulties in its anti-money laundering system. This is according to the National Treasury following the release of the Financial Action Task Force’s (FATF) technical compliance re-rating follow up report. “On 27 October 2023, the FATF Plenary formally re-rated 18… Read more »
- South Africa Reveals Selected Bidders For Battery Storage IPP Bid Window OneThe announcement of the four preferred bidders under the first bid window of the Battery Energy Storage Independent Power Procurement (BESIPPP) Programme marks a “significant development” in South Africa’s pursuit for energy security. This is according to Mineral Resources and Energy Minister Gwede Mantashe’s written remarks at the announcement of… Read more »
- Vodacom Invests R450 Million In Mpumalanga Network UpgradeVodacom Mpumalanga Region will spend over R450 million on its network in the current financial year to ensure the delivery of best-in-class coverage and customer service while expanding connectivity throughout the region. This significant investment includes deploying more sites in urban, township and rural areas and increasing network capacity and resilience, particularly during… Read more »
- Purchase Sungrow Home Energy Solution For A Chance To Win MSC Cruise For TwoSungrow introduces smart energy solutions that resonate with the daily experiences of households grappling with load shedding. Real-life stories from South African users highlight the tangible impact of Sungrow’s residential solution on overcoming the hurdles of power disruptions. Championing Energy Independence in South Africa Sungrow’s commitment to providing a reliable… Read more »
- MTN SA Unveils Prepaid Super Data Plan With Up To 200GB For High Data UsersIn response to an overwhelming demand for larger data bundles from customers, MTN today announced the launch of MTN Super data price plan, a tailored, data-rich offering for our Prepaid customers who live their lives “on the gig”. The Super Data bundle price plans offer rich data volumes ranging from… Read more »
- Is Microsoft “Lock-In” The Right Security Strategy For Your Organization?I recently published a blog asking if Microsoft “lock-in” is the right security strategy for your organization? and wanted to provide this summary on LinkedIn. In the blog, I ask how finance teams became so influential in selecting cybersecurity products and provide advice for CSOs and CISOs facing CFO pressure… Read more »
- Topco Media Announced Winners Of The Future Of HR Awards 2023Topco Media, a leading events and media company, proudly hosted the Future of HR Awards 2023 on 23 November at the prestigious Maslow Hotel in Sandton, Johannesburg with over 150 attendees. In this opening address, Ralf Fletcher, CEO of Topco Media emphasised the transformative role of HR in shaping the… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest news
from Tech Financials find out how to keep this page updated.