Road Safety news updates “Discussion and Advice on Road Safety”. Visit Road Safety website here or see the feed summary below.
- Should You Try to Fight Off Hijackers in South Africa?As a South African motorist, have you ever wondered if it is wise to confront hijackers if you are ever confronted by them? A recent incident made headlines when a woman bravely refused to exit her vehicle while hijackers pounded on her window, eventually reversing into their car, prompting their… Read more »
- Vehicle On Fire: Ottawa – KZNA vehicle caught alight in the parking lot of a shopping centre on Old Main Road in Ottawa – KZN yesterday afternoon (Wednesday). Members of Reaction Unit South Africa (RUSA) arrived on scene at approximately 19:46 and discovered the rear of the vehicle engulfed in flames. The Ethekwini Fire &… Read more »
- How to minimise risk of car remote jamming crime in South AfricaIn South Africa, vehicle remote jamming has increasingly become a prominent method of criminal activity, notably occurring within shopping malls and parking lots. This tactic involves using discreet handheld devices by criminals to disrupt the communication signals between vehicles and their remote key fobs. As a result, unsuspecting motorists are… Read more »
- Three suspects arrested for conspiracy to commit a crime and possession of an unlicensed firearm and ammunitionThree males aged between 26 and 51 were arrested by the Johannesburg Metropolitan Police Department (JMPD) Tactical Response Unit together with the SAPS Crime Intelligence for conspiracy to commit a robbery and possession of an unlicensed firearm and ammunition in Linbro Park. On Monday, 04 December 2023, officers received information… Read more »
- Missing person from Amoutana soughtPublic assistance is required to locate 41 year old Ntombikayise Goodness Myeza. Myeza suffers from mental health issues. She left her residence in Amoutana – KZN on Saturday morning at approximately 06:00 and cannot be located since. Her family were asleep when she left. Myeza previously went missing but was… Read more »
- Suspects on their way to court for the illegal possession of drugsThe vigilance and swift response from members attached to POP Faure led to the arrest of two suspects, a man aged 27 and a woman aged 28, on charges of dealing and possession of drugs. According to reports, on Monday 04 December 2023 at about 21:45, members were busy with… Read more »
- Two arrested for assaulting a police officer in JohannesburgTwo males were arrested by the JMPD RegionF1 Ops officers for assaulting a police officer at Rahima Moosa and Simmonds Street in Johannesburg. This is after an altercation with officers who had instructed the owner of a shop to close. The duo were restrained, arrested and detained at JHB Central… Read more »
- Police release photographs of three suspects wanted for the murders of LEAP officers in NyangaAn urgent appeal is hereby made to the public to assist police to trace the wanted suspects depicted in the attached photographs. They are linked to a triple murder in Old Crossroads in Nyanga during May 2023 where one of the victims was a LEAP officer as well as the… Read more »
- Stolen vehicle taken during a house robbery recovered in SowetoJMPD Tactical Response Unit attended a complaint from Cartrack of a Mercedes Benz taken during a house robbery in Linden, Randburg. The vehicle sought as per the Linden SAPS case was recovered abandoned in Moletsane, Soweto. The vehicle was seized & booked in at the SAPS Aeroton pound. The post… Read more »
- Integrated operation led to the arrest of a traditional medicine shop owner in Cape TownIn order to address the illegal and ongoing stripping of bark from protected tree species in Table Mountain National Park, Environmental Crime Investigation (ECI) Cape Town identified a shop in Cape Town which purchased the bark and other items from illegal suppliers for muthi purposes. A clandestine operation involving Sanpark… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest news
from Road Safety find out how to keep this page updated.