Raindance news updates “The Home of Independent Film”. Visit Raindance website here or see the feed summary below.
- Tales from Black Manor, Creating Meaning and Context from StockEarly on in our filmmaking journey an interview with Alfred Hitchcock made a big impression. He was talking about the context between two different shots. The first was the close-up of an actor and the second was what he was looking at. When editing these two shots together, context is… Read more »
- Behind the Final Cut: 5 Key Elements of Post-ProductionGreat editing is editing that’s hard to notice. While it seems contradictory, an audience can pick up on uneven audio, awkward transitions and CGI effects that seem wonky. A seamless film is a telltale sign that the post-production team did a fantastic job. Plus, it’s an excellent bonus when someone… Read more »
- Exclusive Interview with Josie Ho, Hong Kong Financier, Producer and ActressDuring Josie Ho’s recent visit to London as part of Odyssey 2023, I had the pleasure of interviewing her at the National Film and Television School, invited by the annual film festival’s organiser. Hong Kong-born Josie Ho is an actress, executive producer, singer, and fashion designer who has been in… Read more »
- Can Visual Effects Create A More Democratised Landscape For Independent Filmmakers?In the dynamic landscape of contemporary filmmaking, the once-dominant Hollywood monopoly has given way to a democratisation facilitated by the convergence of technology and artistic vision. Lux Aeterna, an independent visual effects studio in Bristol, is actively contributing to the reshaping of the film industry. In a recent discussion, Lux… Read more »
- A Closer Look at the Wardrobe Essentials for Motorcycle Stunt PerformersLet’s face it, there isn’t a cooler-sounding job in the world than a motorcycle stunt performer. While it’s a high-stakes job, there is also often a high payoff, and it can be a lot of fun when you’re a professional who is also a bit of an adrenaline junkie. But,… Read more »
- The Brighton Miracle: Making a Sports FilmIn 2015, when Japan’s national rugby team, defeated South Africa, the most dominant team in rugby’s world cup history, three friends who were also fans of the sport knew the story had to be told. In the words of the producers themselves, the following is what it took to make,… Read more »
- How to Become a One-Person Marketing Machine for Your MovieProducing a movie is only half the battle — now you need people to watch it and spread the word. Advertising films can be challenging, especially with how saturated the market is. How can filmmakers stand out from the crowd? How can you market the production by yourself? Here are… Read more »
- Tackling the Mental Health Crisis in the Film IndustryI’ve worked freelance in the creative sector for over 20 years, in both the film and music industries and as a teacher and facilitator helping students to make their first steps towards a career in those sectors. As a result, I’ve been acutely aware of the mental, emotional and physical… Read more »
- Navigating Filmmaking Challenges: Key Insights for New FilmmakersEntering the world of filmmaking is exciting. However, anyone who has been in the industry for a while knows that the world of moviemaking can be a tough nut to crack. Navigate the trials that new filmmakers face by adopting a resilient, persistent mindset. This will serve you well during… Read more »
- Live!Ammunition! The Pitching Competition… And MeOn a dreary night last September I was wondering what to do with myself. Raindance’s Live!Ammunition! pitching competition was an obvious choice – I’m a Director; I’d never seen other people live pitch before; and I was working on a short that needed funding to get it off the ground.… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest
news from Raindance find out how to keep this page updated.