Qcostarica news updates “Credible and Independent Since 2012”. Visit Qcostarica website here or see the feed summary below.
- National Roads Have A Year Without MaintenanceQCOSTARICA – Today, Friday, June 24, marks an exact year without an investment in the maintenance of national roads, in turn affecting commerce, tourism and the quality of life of millions of Costa Ricans across the country. All this is due to the alleged corruption scandal known as “Cochinilla”, resulting… Read more »
- President Rodrigo Chaves declines intitation to World Cup in QatarQCOSTARICA – President Rodrigo Chaves revealed that he declined an invitation from the government of Qatar to accompany La Sele, the National Soccer Team in the World Cup, which will take place in November and December of this year. The statements emerged as part of the lunch offered by the… Read more »
- How much does it cost to go to Cocos Island for a tico?TODAY COSTA RICA – The treasure that makes Costa Rica bigger, located 532 kilometers from the coast of Puntarenas, is a natural paradise, admired in the world, but that only few people get to know in life. Isla del Coco (Cocos Island) has some 3,000 visits a year, with two… Read more »
- Astronaut says UFOs in US could be time travelersQ24N (El Tiempo) After two high-ranking US defense intelligence officials testified earlier this month about what the government knows about Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) and revealed videos featuring them, hundreds of theories have sprung up. Various videos revealed by the Pentagon show elements that transit the sky. Given this, European… Read more »
- Petro discusses reopening borders with MaduroQCOLOMBIA – Colombia’s President-elect Gustavo Petro Wednesday announced he had contacted Venezuelan leader Nicolás Maduro to discuss the reopening of the border between the two countries once he takes office, which was part of the campaign promises. Runoff candidate Rodolfo Hernández too had vowed to seek the re-establishment of diplomatic… Read more »
- Gasoline tax increase will be frozen for six monthsQCOSTARICA – In addition to the drop announced in fuel prices by the regulatory authority, consumers can expect a further drop with the freezing of a tax hike on fuels. On Wednesday, legislators and the government agreed to promote a bill to freeze the increase in taxes on fuels for… Read more »
- CCSS announced that it entered the final stage of review and analysis of computer equipmentQCOSTARICA – The Department of Information and Communication Technologies (DTIC) of the Costa Rican Social Security Fund (CCSS) announced that it is in the final stage of reviewing and analyzing the computer equipment. According to the institution, 99.57% of computers and 99.75% of servers have already been verified. In addition,… Read more »
- Costa Rica has the first large-scale plant in the world that transforms unwanted plastic wasteQCOSTARICA – The first big step on the planet in transforming unwanted plastic waste into construction products took place in Costa Rica on June 20 with the inauguration of the first industrial-scale plant. CRDC Global, an international company, and PEDREGAL combined forces to open a state-of-the-art plant, the first of… Read more »
- Costa Rica and Uruguay lead the fight against corruption in Latin AmericaQCOSTARICA – Costa Rica and Uruguay are the Latin American countries with the greatest capacity to identify and punish corruption, according to a report published this Wednesday that draws a “heterogeneous panorama” in the fight against abuses of public management in the region and highlights setbacks in Mexico and Brazil.… Read more »
- Why Hasn’t Biden Condemned Russian Cyberwar Against Costa Rica?Q REPORTS (Newsmax.com) As consumed as Russia is with trying to overpower Ukraine, the Kremlin has still found time and talent to launch an all-out cyberwar against Costa Rica — the rain-forested Central American nation with a population just over 5 million, and no army, navy, air force or heavy… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the
latest news from Qcostarica find out how to keep this page updated.