Nri Cafe news updates “Making Your Life Easier”. Visit Nri Cafe website here or see the feed summary below.
- Qatar Airways to ship essential medical supplies to India free of chargeQatar Airways is supporting international efforts to tackle the second COVID-19 surge in India by shipping medical aid and equipment to the country free of charge from global suppliers. The airline intends to transport 300 tonnes of aid from across its global network to Doha where it will be flown… Read more »
- Qatar Amir holds telephone conversation with Indian PMQatar Amir HH Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani on Tuesday held a conversation via telephone with HE Prime Minister of the Republic of India Narendra Modi, during which they discussed the two countries’ latest efforts in containing the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and ways to enhance joint cooperation to contain… Read more »
- UAE suspends flights from India starting April 25UAE’s General Civil Aviation Authority and the National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority suspended all flights from India, except transit flights, Gulf News has reported. Passengers from India have been temporarily barred from travelling to the UAE with effect from Sunday, April 25, sources said on Thursday. The travel ban,… Read more »
- All travellers to Qatar need Covid-19 test within 72 hours before arrival: MOPHQatar’s Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) has made it mandatory for all travellers coming to the State of Qatar to undergo a Covid-19 test at a medical center accredited by the local Ministry of Health in the country they come from within 72 hours before their arrival in Qatar. This… Read more »
- Indian Embassy to give priority online appointment for healthcare workersExpressing gratitude to Indian healthcare workers in Qatar, who are working tirelessly during Covid-19 pandemic, the Embassy of India has launched a separate online appointment system giving priority to their requests. On its Twitter account, the embassy stated that anyone working in the healthcare sector can submit their requests for… Read more »
- CBSE cancels class 10 board exams, defers class 12;The Indian Education Ministry had announced its decision to defer the Class 12 exams and cancel the Class 10 Board exams for CBSE due to rising number of Covid-19 cases in India. This decision will affect the Indian Schools in Qatar that follow the CBSE boards. Almost all of the… Read more »
- MoPH clarifies guidelines on gatheringsThe Ministry of Public Health (MoPH), on Twitter, clarified guidelines on gatherings. “Following the announcement of additional restrictions last Wednesday as part of the COVID-19 measures, the Ministry of Public Health confirms the below guidance,” MoPH said in a statement on Twitter. No indoor gatherings are permitted apart from families… Read more »
- News about exempting technical inspection false, clarifies WoqodIn a Twitter post, Woqod clarified that the news about exempting vehicles from technical inspection by Fahes is false. This clarification comes in light of a false news circulating in social media about the same matter. Woqod also urged all of its customers “to take information about FAHES only from… Read more »
- Qatar’s minimum wage law comes into effect from todayQatar’s Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs has announced the implementation of the new minimum wage for all workers, starting from today. As per the Law No. 17 of 2020 regarding setting the minimum wage for workers and domestic workers, all companies must comply with the minimum wage… Read more »
- Lusail drive-through vaccination: People without car can take second dose in taxiQatar’s Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) said that people without a car can take their second dose in a taxi at Lusail COVID-19 Drive-Through Vaccination Center. People receiving the second dose of vaccine are eligible to visit the COVID-19 drive-through vaccination centre in Lusail. Those scheduled to receive their second… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest
news from Nri Cafe find out how to keep this page updated.