Laing Buisson News news updates “Laingbuissonnews”. Visit Laing Buisson News website here or see the feed summary below.
- Denmark: ProductLife Group expands service offering with Pharma IT acquisitionProductLife Group (PLG), a global provider of specialized services for the pharmaceutical, medtech and biotech industries, has acquired Pharma IT, a life sciences consulting company headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. The transaction follows on from the acquisition in May 2022 of Quoretex. Founded in 2016, Pharma IT is a provider of… Read more »
- Birdie raises over £24m to help with expansion plansHome healthcare tech platform Birdie has raised $30m (£24.7m) in Series B funding, with the money being used to help the business expand both in the UK and internationally. The round, which will be used to accelerate the company’s growth, was led by investment firm Sofina, with OMERS Ventures and… Read more »
- Singapore: He appointed as CEO at CargeneCargene Biopharma, a biopharmaceutical company developing oligonucleotide therapeutics for liver and ophthalmic disorders, has appointed Kathy He as CEO and member of the board. He, a seasoned biopharmaceutical industry executive, brings over 20 years of R&D and commercial experience from multiple global companies to her new role at Cargene, notably… Read more »
- Care UK strengthens senior team with appointmentsCare UK has made two newly created senior appointments to support its growth and quality agenda. They will fill the roles of operations director reporting into chief operating officer Martin Friend, who joined Care UK in January. Julia Bentley will assume operational responsibility for Care UK services covering Scotland and… Read more »
- Finland: Triton acquires majority stake in Esperi CareEuropean investor, Triton through its Triton Smaller Mid Cap Fund II, has acquired a majority share in Esperi Care, a residential care provider in Finland, from Danske Bank, SEB and Ilmarinen. They remain as minority shareholders in partnership with Triton. Founded in 2001, Esperi Care is active within elderly care,… Read more »
- New Zealand: Oceania signs NZ$500m sustainability-linked loanResidential care company, Oceania Healthcare, has signed a NZ$500m (US$311.9m) five-year Sustainability-Linked Loan (SLL) linked to three Key Performance Indicators (KPI) covering environmental and social aspects of Oceania’s sustainability ambition and business strategy. Oceania’s Sustainability Performance Targets (SPT) associated with the SLL are to: Reduce greenhouse gas emissions in line… Read more »
- Spain: Cofinimmo reiterates commitment in Spain with new nursing home for MurciaBelgian real estate investment trust, Cofinimmo, is building a new 150 bed nursing and care home in Murcia on a plot of land acquired earlier. Investment budget for both the plot of land and the works amounts to approximately €14m (US$14.7m). The site is pre-let to CLECE, one of the… Read more »
- Finland: Faron tops up working capital with private placementFaron Pharmaceuticals, a Finland-based clinical stage biopharmaceutical company harnessing the immune system to tackle cancer and inflammation, has completed a private placement of 2,006,621 newly issued treasury shares to a limited number of institutional investors and other investors, raising €5m (US$5.3m). “This fundraise will enable us to accelerate our ambitious… Read more »
- Sales process of more than 110 Four Seasons care homes launchedJoint administrators have launched a sales process of 111 Four Seasons Health Care (FSHC) freehold properties, with completion targeted in the second half of next year. The portfolio of care homes in England, Scotland and Jersey and certain ancillary assets are being sold by broker Christie & Co. The move… Read more »
- Value of PMI market grows but penetration remains below 2008 peakThe value of the UK private health cover market reached an estimated £6,173m in 2020 – up marginally from £6,073m in 2019 but still below the 2008 peak in real terms, according to the latest figures from LaingBuisson. The figures, published in the 17th edition of LaingBuisson’s Health Cover UK… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest news from
Laing Buisson News find out how to keep this page updated.