Cosmic Oranges news updates “cosmicoranges”. Visit Cosmic Oranges website here or see the feed summary below.
- The Moon’s Enigmatic OriginsThe Moon, Earth’s celestial companion, has long been a source of fascination and wonder. While it graces our night skies with its gentle glow, the story of its birth and its many intriguing characteristics remain shrouded in mystery. In this comprehensive exploration, we embark on a journey through space and… Read more »
- The Milky Way Across CulturesHave you ever gazed up at the night sky, far from the city lights, and marveled at the luminous band of stars stretching across the darkness? This breathtaking spectacle is none other than our own galaxy, the Milky Way. But why do we call it the Milky Way, and what… Read more »
- Harry Houdini’s Soaring Journey Over CanadaWhen we think of Harry Houdini, the legendary escape artist, magician extraordinaire, and showman of the early 20th century, we tend to envision him vanishing from locked crates or breaking free from seemingly inescapable restraints. However, there’s a hidden facet of Houdini’s life that often goes unnoticed—a thrilling chapter in… Read more »
- Tapioca vs. CyanideTapioca pudding, a nostalgic childhood delight, is experiencing a revival in recent times. However, there’s more to this treat than meets the eye. The tapioca pearls that give this dessert its unique texture come from the cassava plant, which contains toxins that can be fatal if not properly prepared. Let’s… Read more »
- Dung Beetles Use the Milky Way As NavigationDung beetles might possess minuscule brains, but their exceptional navigational skills have long captivated scientists. These creatures exhibit a fascinating behavior—they collect excrement, perform a peculiar dance atop their precious find, and then embark on a seemingly precise journey toward their destination. Initially dismissed as a mere celebratory dance, researchers… Read more »
- The Great Wall Of China’s Space VisibilityWill the Great Wall of China Be Visible to the Naked Eye From Space? That is the first question we should ask. It is feasible to barely make out the Great Wall of China from space, assuming that space is defined as a low Earth orbit ranging from 90 to… Read more »
- What You Need to Know About Apple Seeds & CyanideAmygdalin, a compound in apple seeds, undergoes metabolism, converting into hydrogen cyanide, a deadly toxin. This revelation highlights the potential danger lurking within certain fruits’ seeds, encompassing cherries, peaches, almonds, and more, due to their cyanogenic glycosides. The sinister association of cyanide extends beyond apple seeds, linking to other fruits… Read more »
- The Birth of Morphine in PharmacologyOpium, derived from the poppy plant Papaver somniferum, has been utilized for its medicinal and recreational properties since ancient times. Historical records, such as a 6,000-year-old Sumerian tablet, mention its use, and it even features in Homer’s “The Odyssey.” Cultures like the Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans widely used opium, and… Read more »
- The Enigmatic Scent of the Corpse FlowerIn the depths of Indonesia’s Sumatra rainforest, a realm where diverse wildlife thrives, grows a botanical rarity that outshines its animal counterparts in notoriety. The Amorphophallus Titanum, or Titan Arum, is known not just for being one of the world’s largest flowers but for its notorious scent of decay, earning… Read more »
- Bacterial Proliferation in MicrogravityBacteria display a notable preference for microgravity environments, a phenomenon that’s not entirely understood. This characteristic poses significant challenges for long-term human space missions. Why bacteria thrive in such conditions remains an intriguing scientific question. Research has indicated that bacteria such as E. coli and Salmonella can become more virulent… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest news
from cosmicoranges find out how to keep this page updated.