Citi News Room news updates “Ghana News . Ghana Politics . Ghana Soccer . Ghana Showbiz”. Visit Citi News Room website here or see the feed summary below.
- STYPI: IGP hosts pupils of Joyhil Int’l school at Police headquartersThe Inspector General of Police Dr. George Akuffo Dampare and members of the Police Management Board on Wednesday held a police open day for Pupils of Joyhil International School based in Fise-Amasaman as part of the “Snatch Them Young Policing Initiative” at the Police headquarters. As part of the engagement,… Read more »
- SHS 1 students must report to school December 4 – GES maintainsThe Ghana Education Service (GES) has maintained that the reporting date for first-year students is 4th December 2023 as indicated on the Placement form. This comes after Parliament called on the Minister of Education to consider rescheduling the reopening date to the first week of January instead of Monday, December… Read more »
- Regional breakdown of NPP orphan constituencies parliamentary primariesDelegates of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) from across the country went to the polls on Saturday, December 2, 2023, to vote for their parliamentary candidates in the party’s orphan constituencies for the 2024 elections. The party organised the primaries in some 111 constituencies nationwide. Voting at the various polling… Read more »
- NPP Parliamentary primaries: Col Damoah wins Jaman South pollsA former Commissioner of the Customs Division at the Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) Colonel Kwadwo Damoah has won the New Patriotic Party’s parliamentary primary in the Jaman South Constituency. He polled 289 votes followed by Yaw Maama Afful who polled 240 votes. Alexander Ferkah 122 had votes while Andrews Bediako… Read more »
- NPP Orphan Constituencies primaries: Results so farVoting, sorting and counting of ballots in the New Patriotic Party’s parliamentary elections in the 111 constituencies across the country have come to an end. The elections were organised in constituencies where the NPP did not have sitting Members of Parliament and were supervised by the Electoral Commission. Below are… Read more »
- NPP Parliamentary Primaries: Bannerman loses Odododiodoo, Hadzide, Barbara Oteng Gyasi win bigThe Chief Executive Officer of the National Youth Authority (NYA), Pius Enam Hadzide, has won the Asuogyaman parliamentary primary with 423 votes. The former Deputy Information Minister beat three other contenders including Paul Ansah who polled 131 votes, Michael Ansah also polled 113 and Nana Abrokwa Asare secured 95 votes.… Read more »
- NPP Parliamentary Primaries: Jefferson Sackey wins Ablekuma Central, Nii Noi takes Klottey KorleNii Noi Nortey and Jefferson Sackey have won the New Patriotic Party’s parliamentary primaries in the Klottey Korle and the Ablekuma Central Constituencies respectively. In the Klottey Korle Constituency, Nii Noi Nortey won the parliamentary primary with 838 votes. Other aspirants, including Harold Quartey, polled 116 votes while Rexford Oppong… Read more »
- NPP Parliamentary primaries: Nyamah loses Kpandai, Okoe Boye, Akosua Manu, Eugene Arhin winRichard Nyamah, a seasoned political figure has lost the Kpandai Parliamentary primary to the resilient Matthew Nyindam. The campaign leading up to the elections was intense, with both candidates tirelessly traversing the Kpandai constituency, addressing crowds, and outlining their visions for the region. Richard Nyamah polled 60 votes while Matthew… Read more »
- NPP Primaries: Nana Ama Dokua wins Okaikwei North parliamentary pollsMember of Parliament for Akuapem North, Nana Ama Dokua Asiamah -Adjei has won the Okaikwei North parliamentary primary with 341 votes. About 850 delegates voted in the Okaikwei North constituency. Six aspirants were in the race within this constituency, hoping to be the next parliamentary candidate on the ticket of… Read more »
- 2024 polls: I’ll be MP for all – Sammy Awuku assuresSammy Awuku, the New Patriotic Party’s (NPP) parliamentary candidate-elect for the Akuapem North Constituency, has pledged to work tirelessly to bring development in all areas of the constituency if elected in the 2024 general elections. Awuku, who was the sole candidate to file forms during the party’s nomination process in… Read more »
Live is updated with the latest news from Citi News Room find out how to keep this page updated.