Cbn news updates “Cape Business News”. Visit Cbn website here or see the feed summary below.
- Ex Classified Lighting Solution for AlcoNCPBEKA Schréder has supplied the LED lighting solution for AlcoNCP in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal. This new lighting installation needed to comply to Zone specifications whilst providing a highly reliable and energy-efficient lighting solution. AlcoNCP is a leading producer of high-quality fermentation alcohol for the South African and international beverage, cosmetic and… Read more »
- GLTC opens new branch in the Garden RouteTo better service a growing customer base in the Garden Route district, Goscor Lift Truck Company (GLTC) has commissioned a new branch in George, the second largest city in the Western Cape province of South Africa. Having previously serviced the Garden Route area through its Cape Town and Port Elizabeth… Read more »
- Cape Town tourism members welcomes the dropping of Covid-19 restrictions“Cape Town Tourism is delighted at the news of the South African government dropping the remaining Covid-19 restrictions. The lifting of mask-wearing, and ending of gathering limitations and checks on all travellers coming into the country, is a big win for South African tourism”, says Enver Duminy, CEO of Cape… Read more »
- Gas power addresses a more sustainable energy transition in mining operationsSPEAKING to customers on the side-lines of this year’s Mining Indaba conference in Cape Town, South Africa, GE Gas Power’s Executive, Oluwatoyin Abegunde said, “The complementary strength of gas and renewables plays a critical role in delivering lower carbon, and more reliable electrical power generation. As Sub-Saharan Africa balances the… Read more »
- City of Cape Town takes delivery of new waste management vehiclesThe battle against illegal dumping and refuse collection delays has been boosted in recent weeks with the delivery of 19 new vehicles to the value of R38,8 million, including: Seven trucks Four new refuse compactors Eight refurbished refuse compactors. Extra trucks will increase the rate at which the City can… Read more »
- Closure of Tiger Brands’ Langeberg and Ashton canning fruit factory spells disasterAgri SA is deeply concerned about the recent commencement of a consultation period after Tiger Brands gave notice of its intention to close down its canning factory in Ashton Western Cape. Coming so soon after the signing of the Agriculture and Agro-Processing Masterplan, the decision will have a devastating impact on more than… Read more »
- CPI reaches 6.5%Annual consumer price inflation (CPI) reached 6.5% in May, Statistics South Africa (Stats SA) has revealed. The figure is a 0.7% increase from the 5.9% in April and March. Stats SA said the increase breaks through the upper limit of the South African Reserve Bank’s monetary policy target range. This… Read more »
- Finding financial success when you have too much debt to saveDebt management firm, DebtBusters, recently released its Debt Index for the first quarter of 2022, which shows that middle-class South Africans are falling further into debt. Indeed, the data reveals that consumers have 31% less disposable income than six years ago, while their debt burden has grown. Janine Horn, Financial Adviser… Read more »
- Save the dates for this year’s highly anticipated Nedbank Cape Winemakers Guild AuctionThe prestigious Nedbank Cape Winemakers Guild (CWG) Auction, to be held on Friday 30 September and Saturday 1 October 2022, will be hosted by Strauss & Co, South Africa’s leading art and wine auction house. The Virtual Live Auction will be held at the Lord Charles Hotel in Somerset West… Read more »
- Trucking Industry Task Team meetingThe Road Freight Association (RFA) agrees with, and supports, the implementation plan published recently. The RFA has been part of the Ministerial Task Team since its very inception and its first meeting in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN). It has also attended all the later Task Team meetings run by the Department of… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest news from Cbn
find out how to keep this page updated.