Cape Town Etc news updates “CAPE TOWN FOR CAPETONIANS”. Visit Cape Town Etc website here or see the feed summary below.
- Win a pizza party with Butler’s Pizza’s Elf on the Shelf challengeIn line with the iconic Christmas tradition, Butler’s Pizza is hosting its own Elf on the Shelf challenge, giving you the chance to win a pizza party. Elf on the Shelf is a Christmas tradition that originated in America, beginning on 1 December. The idea is that Santa sends a… Read more »
- Head to Swellendam to experience the spirit of Search this New Year’sSearch Festival is calling all seekers to join a celebration of creativity and community this New Year’s at Utopia, a tranquil farm near Swellendam. A small-scale experiment started among friends a decade ago, Search has blossomed into a larger cultural gathering, an exceptional event built on music and sustained by… Read more »
- The plant-centred movement finds its way into Mount Nelson’s menusAs Mount Nelson gears up to celebrate its 125th anniversary, the chefs at the various kitchens of the hotel have been reimagining their menus through a plant-centred lens. The new menus at the Chef’s Table, Planet Bar, Oasis and Harvest Table all include vegan and vegetarian dishes. ‘Globally, some of… Read more »
- Fatal drowning at Strandfontein Beach caused by rip currentsThe National Sea Rescue Institute (NSRI) in Strandfontein, the City’s water rescue network and various other emergency services responded to a drowning in progress at Strandfontein Beach yesterday at 6:35pm between the tidal pool and the NSRI Strandfontein rescue station. Also read: Water treatment expert warns of risks swimming at… Read more »
- Explore the flavours of the sea at Baia RestaurantLocated upstairs at the V&A Waterfront’s Victoria Wharf is a sophisticated landmark for fine seafood cuisine and wine in Cape Town. Since opening its doors in 2001, Baia Seafood Restaurant is reputed to be the place to indulge in the best seafood platter in the Cape. The restaurant regularly tempts… Read more »
- Friends of Table Mountain launches petition to stop crime in TMNPIn light of the recent spate of criminal activity in Table Mountain National Park (TMNP), Cape Town community group Friends of Table Mountain has launched a petition calling for immediate action to stop crime on Table Mountain. Also read: Mountain bikers robbed in the Table Mountain National Park ‘Despite its… Read more »
- The show goes on: These cinemas have generators during loadsheddingStage 3 until 4pm; Stage 6 from 8pm; Stage 4 tomorrow at 2am… For most of us, trying to keep tabs on the latest – and constantly shifting – loadshedding schedule seems like a job best suited to Napoleon waging war or by making a Wish upon a star. But what’s not complicated… Read more »
- Mayor Hill-Lewis honours Cape Town’s exceptional citizensIn a ceremony on 6 December, Cape Town’s Executive Mayor Geordin Hill-Lewis honoured a group of Capetonians for their extraordinary contributions to society. Held in the City Council Chambers, the event marked the recognition of remarkable individuals for their significant impact both locally and globally. The Civic Honours, bestowed for… Read more »
- Thieves execute a 6-minute shopping heist at Canal WalkA gang of brazen criminals decided to go on an early morning Christmas shopping spree at Canal Walk Shopping Centre, where they pilfered IT equipment valued in the thousands from the Gomaxx. store near Entrance 6. Specialising in pre-owned Apple products, the targeted store had its door forcibly breached before… Read more »
- Cape Town shop owner arrested for possession of wild animal carcassesA clandestine operation involving SANParks Environmental Crime Investigation (ECI), SAPS’ Stock Theft and Endangered Species Unit and Cape Nature Officials resulted in the arrest of a traditional medicine shop owner in Kuils River on Tuesday. Also read: Experts warn of the risks of stripping bark from Table Mountain’s trees Police… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest
news from Cape Town Etc find out how to keep this page updated.