Cape Town Etc news updates “CAPE TOWN FOR CAPETONIANS”. Visit Cape Town Etc website here or see the feed summary below.
- Experience Cape Town’s incredible gin scene this weekendWine and beer have always been popular choices for South Africans. After all, what’s a weekend without a delicious wine tasting, or a braai without a refreshing beer? But the subtle flavours of gin have slowly climbed up the ladder of South Africa’s favourite alcoholic beverages, sparking a host of… Read more »
- 5 Comfy accommodations perfect for a chilly weekend escapeThe pitter-patter of the rain, the howling of the wind, and the smell of your favourite K-way jacket – there’s something magical about winter in the Cape. If you’re looking to cosy up and embrace the elements of winter, planning a winter getaway is always a great idea. Here are… Read more »
- Lekker but anticlimactic – Locals weigh in on the end of the mask eraWe’re officially done with the days of compulsory masks and other restrictions in South Africa – protocols that would’ve sounded completely ludicrous a few years ago, and a hopeful whim for the last two years. While most South Africans are happily exchanging their masks for smiles (as anyone who’s been… Read more »
- Dinner and drag at Steenberg’s Tryn restaurantThis Pride Month, Lilly Slaptsilli will be strutting her stuff at Steenberg Farm’s Tryn restaurant with an evening of dinner theatre to remember. Think music, fun, comedy and lip-sync. Lilly is a digital creator, drag artist, stand-up comedian, comedy auctioneer and influencer, to name a few things. Every inch the… Read more »
- Satisfy your pasta cravings at these top Italian restaurantsPasta has the potential to be whatever you need it to be: comfort food, quick meal, sophisticated dining – the possibilities are endless! If you’re craving some high quality, scrumptious pasta, try these authentic Italian-owned or Italian-inspired restaurants with a menu that will satisfy any pasta need you might have:… Read more »
- Introduce your child to the theatrical world of opera at Artscape‘Twinkle, twinkle, little star, how I wonder what you are.” Due to popular demand, the Cape Town Opera will present Twinkle, Twinkle and Little Stars – opera for babies and toddlers at Artscape from Saturday, 25 June. This show for the bundles of joy has been made available for little walkers… Read more »
- Load shedding pushed to stage 4 as Eskom employees continue to strikeSouth Africans may need to brace themselves for additional power cuts as protests continue at nine of Eskom’s power stations. On Friday, 24 June, the power utility announced it would be ramping up load shedding to stage 4 from 11:00am today until midnight, and again over the weekend from 5:00am… Read more »
- WATCH: The Stormers celebrate through the streets of Cape TownThe DHL Stormers just keep on winning. On Saturday, our boytjies beat the Blue Bulls in the Vodacom United Rugby Championship. Today, the champion boys in blue are on the streets of Cape Town, celebrating with the world’s best fans. Before the bus started rolling, coach John Dobson said that… Read more »
- Learning Disability Week seeks to shine a light on the challenges the differently-abled faceThe challenge of living and learning when you are differently-abled A little over two years ago, Nike released an amazing ad for International Women’s Day. The basic idea was that one day women won’t need a day to celebrate their progress, prove they’re just as good or be activists, because… Read more »
- MSC Cruises supports South Africa and Cape Town SpecificallyMSC Cruises is excited to position MSC Sinfonia exclusively to operate Cape Town-only cruises from 16 December 2022 to 06 March 2023, with 23 sailings to Namibia and local destinations. Cape Town boasts nature at its most expressive and it’s easy to see why MSC Cruises is proud to have… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest
news from Cape Town Etc find out how to keep this page updated.