Business Tech news updates “Businesstech”. Visit Business Tech website here or see the feed summary below.
- Beware the ‘doting grandparent scam’ in South Africa, top insurer warnsRetirement is a time for you to be enjoying a more relaxed pace of life, spending time with loved ones and friends, and enjoying the fruits of your working career. However, retirees could be at risk of becoming victims of cybercrime fraudsters who are targeting your ‘nest egg’. Read more »
- Microsoft CSP solutions from Rectron – Future-proof your business in the cloudMicrosoft Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) solutions from Rectron are the best way to scale your business and run it efficiently during the current global economic shift. Read more »
- Increasing migration of taxpayers in South AfricaThe 2022 tax season will open in July, a condensed filing season compared to 2021, which was extended due to the long-tail impact of the pandemic, notes Hannes van den Berg, CEO at Consult by Momentum, who adds that instilling trust in taxpayers is vital to increasing tax collection. Read more »
- Big shake up for jobs in South Africa as great resignation hitsEmployees worldwide were locked down at home for months at the beginning of the pandemic and when employers asked them to return to work, employees had become used to working from home, or working from anywhere. Read more »
- Cape Town is getting a pink apartment block – with studios starting at R1 millionProperty developer Signatura is launching its latest project - The Rose on 117 in Cape Town: a pink eight-storey apartment block that offers 61 units and a rooftop pool with views of the city. Read more »
- Privacy changes coming to WhatsApp – but there are still questions in South AfricaMeta-owned messaging service WhatsApp announced several new privacy-related changes in recent weeks, but the app is still not aligned with South Africa's laws, says Chanique Rautenbach of Barnard Attorneys. Read more »
- South Africa faces a ‘frightening’ month – but it will get better: NedbankAfter this week’s CPI figures surprised towards the upside, Nedbank now forecasts that South Africa’s inflation is forecast to increase to over 7% in June. In a research note on Wednesday (22 June), the bank noted that petrol prices rose by more than 10% month-on-month in June. On top of this,… Read more »
- Eskom warns of stage 5 load shedding or higher due to strike actionA combination of unit breakdowns, lack of diesel reserves and labour action means Eskom has no option but to move to stage 4 load shedding over the weekend, says chief operating officer Jan Oberholzer Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest news from
Business Tech find out how to keep this page updated.