Backyard Gardener news updates “Your Backyard Garden Information Source”. Visit Backyard Gardener website here or see the feed summary below.
- Gardening tasks to Do in JuneThe North Annual flowers that come into bloom quickly may still be sown and give excellent results. Calliopsis, candytuft, cape-marigold, Gypsophila, cornflower, and love-in-a-mist are a few dependable ones. Hot, dry places may be planted with Dwarf Morning-glories, portulaca, California-poppy, calliopsis, and annual phlox. Spring-blooming shrubs, such as the Vanhoutte… Read more »
- June Gardening To do listJune Gardening tasks you should perform this month if you live in the Northern Hemisphere. Each gardening zone has different requirements as the season gets warmer. If you don’t know your gardening zone, you can look it up via zip code on the Gardening Zone Page. If you live in… Read more »
- Iris Flowers in JuneBecause spring was late in many places this year, it is likely that most Iris bloom will be crowded into June, except in the South. This will be the case for all types of Iris except the dwarfs and early intermediate bearded Irises whose blossoms will have passed. Early this… Read more »
- Lawn care – How to Plant a Lawn or GrassHow many times have you heard this remark? “Oh, what a beautiful home!” Frequently the person who says this refers to the green, velvety lawn, for a lawn adds more to the beauty of a home than any other single factor. Many homeowners have admired the lawns of others and… Read more »
- Helping Your St. Augustine Grass Survive the WinterWhen you live in the south, there’s nothing quite like St. Augustine Grass to give you a lush and beautiful front lawn. Its durability helps it stand up the rigors of a southern summer, and its resistance to salinity means it’s appropriate even if you have a home on the… Read more »
- How to properly take care of a lawnEvery house owner wants his lawn to be healthy and good-looking. But a healthy lawn is not just a sight for sore eyes. A healthy lawn helps cool the air and enrich it with oxygen. A novice gardener may think that caring for a lawn is a hard and energy-intensive… Read more »
- 6 Questions to Ask When Buying a Grass Seed Blend6 Questions to Ask When Buying a Grass Seed Blend Before you grab the cheapest grass seed blend off the shelf to use in establishing your new lawn, take a look at the seed label and ask yourself a few questions. Doing so may save you from actually spending more… Read more »
- Robot Lawn Mowers Better At Backyard Maintenance?Is A Robotic Lawn Mower Right For My Backyard? Most of us dread mowing the lawn during the summer. The mere thought of pushing your gas-powered across the yard under the sticky, hot weather every other week is exhausting. Also, if your weekdays are always loaded with work, you’d rather… Read more »
- Lawn Fertilizer – When to applyOne of the very finest times to feed established lawns is in early spring….. in the North even before frost is out of the ground. At this time plant nutrients can do the most good-needed nourishment will be readily available for rapid Spring growth, And there are other points that… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest
news from Backyard Gardener find out how to keep this page updated.