Anova Health news updates “Anova Health”. Visit Anova Health website here or see the feed summary below.
- Commemorating Youth Month with Thulani MachereChange in itself means growth, and in growth we transform, not only by the standards set by those that came before us, but by the very choices we make to continue fighting for an all-inclusive society where all of us have a voice.” Thulani Machere, Adolescent and Young People: Specialist… Read more »
- Commemorating World TB Day with Dr Bongile Mabilane” Investing in TB starts with the realisation that as an individual, I have to screen myself, my family and immediate surroundings. And also, take stock on how I am influencing the compass away from stigma and discrimination. Collectively, when we all do so, we will be saving lives whether… Read more »
- Let’s talk about STIsTaking care of one’s sexual health means regularly testing for HIV/STIs, taking PrEP or ART and accessing regular screenings. Many people may leave STIs untreated which can lead to health and relationship problems that make them and their partner more susceptible to other infections that can attack the immune system. … Read more »
- United States, Western Cape Department of Health sign 5-year Government-toGovernment agreement focused on HIV, TB, and COVID-19The U.S. government, through USAID, and the Western Cape Department of Health on Tuesday, November 9, 2021, signed a historic Government-to-Government (G2G) agreement to implement initiatives specifically focused on driving towards HIV, TB, and COVID-19 epidemic control. The signing ceremony at the District Six Community Day Centre in Cape Town… Read more »
- Your mental health mattersFear and anxiety have gripped the globe in the past 19 months as COVID-19 took a toll on life, economies and society at large. The pandemic affected our lives in ways we could’ve never imagined, not only did it impact our finances, but it has taken a toll on some people's… Read more »
- “We want our patients to know that they can restart treatment and come back to care anytime.” Dr Diana Mokoena17 September marks World Patient Safety Day, a day to raise global awareness on the issues that patients come across. The biggest issue in the past 18 months, has been the lack of access to the clinics because of the pandemic. Earlier this year, Anova Health Institute launched an aggressive… Read more »
- Why I chose to get vaccinatedCOVID-19 has taken the world by storm and changed everyone’s life but with the vaccine being rolled out, there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel. Amanda Ndlangisa recently spoke to two Anova Health Institute employees who recently got vaccinated. Just like a lot of people,… Read more »
- The connection between TB and HIVAccording to research, people living with HIV are more likely than others to become sick with tuberculosis (TB). This is because HIV weakens the immune system, which makes it harder for the body to fight TB germs. Amanda Ndlangisa spoke to Dr Bongile Mabilane, QI Lead for Anova and Public health practitioner about what impact TB… Read more »
- Testing for HIV? Don’t leave children and teenagers behind this Child Health MonthAugust marks Child Health Month, and our focus this year is testing children and teenagers for HIV. Amanda Ndlangisa sat down with Dr Melanie Collins, Technical Advisor: Paediatrics and Adolescents at Anova Health Institute, who highlights the importance of people knowing their HIV status, especially children. Why is it important… Read more »
- Management Accountant - FM/00074/21Parktown, Johannesburg - Fixed Term Contract (6 months due to specific project support): We are looking for an experienced Management Accountant who will be responsible for the management accounting functions and adhering to the organisations financial policies and procedures. The post Management Accountant - FM/00074/21 appeared first on Anova Health… Read more »
Daily Live is updated with the latest news from Anova
Health find out how to keep this page updated.